Satellite 129 Problems?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Is anybody having problems with 129? I have two 522 receivers that are having the same issue at the same time. The picture will freeze but when I check to see if there is a signal it says that the signal is still good. It will come back on both receivers at the same time. Is there a problem with 129? It has done this some this morning and some this afternoon as well. It couldn't be my 522 since it done it on both at the same time and with it showing a good signal that makes me wonder what is really going on.

Stargazer said:
Is anybody having problems with 129? I have two 522 receivers that are having the same issue at the same time. The picture will freeze but when I check to see if there is a signal it says that the signal is still good. It will come back on both receivers at the same time. Is there a problem with 129? It has done this some this morning and some this afternoon as well. It couldn't be my 522 since it done it on both at the same time and with it showing a good signal that makes me wonder what is really going on.

Last night, I noticed some picture freezes and pixelating that occurred several times on my local Atlanta HD channels. These are on 129. It was a beautifully clear night last night, too.

I was watching Monster HD last night and there were lots of freeze ups through out "It the terror from Space" good signal but video stutters and freeze ups just the same

Greg Mueller said:
I was watching Monster HD last night and there were lots of freeze ups through out "It the terror from Space" good signal but video stutters and freeze ups just the same

Same here. But the movie was so bad it was an improvement. Didn't catch the end though, my hope is that the monster prevailed!! If he did, I'm sure he saved the women so they could fix him meals and coffee!!

Last edited:
I had some problems with Voom this afternoon. I was too busy to go troubleshoot but the picture would freeze up and pixelate. Other HD channels on 110 were fine.

I have noticed no signal fluctiations on 129 when this was happening. The problem is not just 129 its a systemwide problem. Something weird is going on. It started doing it on ALL the channels (using slots 110 and 119 as well). It done it some this afternoon as well but not too often. I had a customer that has a 301 receiver call me and his done the same thing this evening at around 8 PM. I had him do a hard reboot by pressing in on the press button on the front and that got his channels back.

When this problem happens all the channels are blank. Are they trying to do something in the stream or updating it today and it only affecting some receivers? Why would it affect both of my 522's and freeze the picture on both the same then affect someone else during the late evening like it did on mine earlier in the day? VERY strange.

Anybody else having this issue? Everything is working fine now but for how long?

Is it normal for 129, that from one day to another some TP's show the same signal strength, whereas other TP's are 5-7 pts lower and at the same time the rest of the TP's are 5-7 pts higher?

Lots of freezes on 129 that is causing massive problems.

My HD LIL locals are on 129 and I've even gone back to 61.5 as the lock up on 129 is so bad - and, fwiw - I was using a dedicated Dish 300 with a signal averaging in the mid 80s which is much more than people are reporting from Atlanta with a Dish 1000.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)