Satellite AV / Glorystar Article in Current Tele Satellite Magazine

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Last summer, Satellite AV / Glorystar was honored to be visited and interviewed by Alexander Wiese, Editor of Tele Satellite magazine. The current issue has an article about our company, history and products.

If you want to learn a little more about Satellite AV / Glorystar, check out this linked article. http://www.tele-satellite.us/eng/TELE-satellite-1201/#/194/

(Note: the Android receiver release was delayed due to a chipset release announcement and the Android OS evolving so quickly from 2.3 to 4.0. That's what happens when articles are written months in advance and a prediction needs to be made for status at publication date.)

It was an outstanding article, y'all need to read it. :D

Yes indeed, very cool.

So now we know the truth, Brian gets to sit around all day with a bunch of nice ladies, and play with his hobby. :D

Glad to read of your story and success, well deserved.

The opening pic in the piece made me wonder, what happened to the 6' stamped steel offset dish development effort?

Spooky....I was just reading the article after downloading the magazine weeks ago. So I thought I'd tell others about it. I came here and this post was just entered. Must be Friday the 13th. The article makes me want to buy from SatelliteAV, so I guess it's good publicity for them.

It was a nice article, fun to see someone making money at their hobby. The first time I ever saw so many dishes stacked as tall as a man!

Loved the article...yep I would love to have that job.

Thanks everyone for your most kind comments!

I started just like everyone here..... With an electronic addiction. Tin cans and string in 1st grade, AM and shortwave dxing 3rd grade, 65-in-one Radio Shack kits in 4th, Heathkit radios in 6th, CB radio with homemade inverted V-beam antenna and a Rhombic 300' TV antenna DXing in 8th, Amateur radio, longwave and tropo DX in highschool. First read about a C-band satellite being received at a home with a chicken wire dish as a senior in highschool and drove 200 miles to see a homemade receiver and flat panel reflector to receive one channel, HBO. I was hooked, but poor. No way I could afford a system or have a place suitable for installation. The first home sytem that I saw advertised was over $30,000.00!

My father's first system was $10,000.00+ installed and featured a manual tuner with rotary knobs and a motorized dish with separate manual east/west drive buttons and a mechanical pointer that showed the general direction the dish was aimed. I believe that the LNA was 140 degrees and would burn out at least once a year at $500 with a service call.

Boy has the industry changed! I can only imagine where the technology will be in another 30 or 40 years!

Boy has the industry changed! I can only imagine where the technology will be in another 30 or 40 years!
Probably won't need sats at all! High speed fiber everywhere (and wireless high speed everywhere) that you stream your tv channels rather than have it fed to you by coax cable or satellite. Probably still need sats just to provide broadband coverage to remote areas like mount everest or a national park/forest outside the range of wireless internet transmitters/receivers. Thanks for the link. I normally don't read T-S for its lack of north american coverage/test reports. Maybe some of us in North America should contact T-S to offer our services in beefing up North American FTA articles/test reports.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)