This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Satellite bleed over

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
These two satellites seem to do it for me, but does anyone get alot of bleed over between G16 and G19? I can lock on to g16 great, but when i go to max out g19 I get alot of bleed over from g16. Anyone else have this issue? I think the only way that im aware of to rectify this would be to get a bigger dish..

They;re close together alright, but I haven't had any bleedover on my 10' Sami , that I know of.
I have no S-2 boxes or anything other than reg SD fta and analog, those digitals are prob a lot more susceptable to adjacent sat interference.

on the 6 footer it does but that is due to some powerful signals

Hey I aint complaining....I get G16 just fine and KCSG form G19 too

How's the parabolic shape? Sidelobes will come into play because of a warped reflector, the feedhorn over illuminating or too small a dish.

How's the parabolic shape? Sidelobes will come into play because of a warped reflector, the feedhorn over illuminating or too small a dish.

The parabolic shape is fine, IE: not bent in any way. I think im getting my bleed over from strong signals. On G19, the first transpoder locks in at 99 percent quality. cant beat that!

The parabolic shape is fine, IE: not bent in any way. I think im getting my bleed over from strong signals. On G19, the first transpoder locks in at 99 percent quality. cant beat that!

You may want to put the feedhorn throat a bit closer to the dish. This will help reject sidelobes in the 2 degree spacing area's of the arc. You have to find that balance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.