Satellite choice for Florida

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seavu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005

I will be in Clearwatewr, Fl this winter and still not sure which system will be the best for reception...*C or BEV?? I'm hoping Iceberg, or someone with the Florida experience can guide me. Many thanks for all who help me make this decision.

I will be in Clearwatewr, Fl this winter and still not sure which system will be the best for reception...*C or BEV?? I'm hoping Iceberg, or someone with the Florida experience can guide me. Many thanks for all who help me make this decision.

Star Choice definitely works well down here with the 75cm dish.

ExpressVu has been more hit and miss as they shift transponders around their various birds. Right now it appears that most channels are available down here, but that could change at any time. We're at the edges of their satellite footprints in some cases. Someone who's currently using ExpressVu down here can chime in with better current info, I'm sure.

Unless there is some programming that you need which is only on ExpressVu, I'd recommend Star Choice. (I'm a former ExpressVu owner who switched two years ago).

I live in SWFL, Fort Myers and BEV was almost unwatchable with many dead transponders. I switched to Star choice and I am very happy

I live in SWFL, Fort Myers and BEV was almost unwatchable with many dead transponders. I switched to Star choice and I am very happy

The footprint cutoff seems to be between Tampa and Fort Myers, as has been discussed on many other threads.

If I wasn't locked in for another year on BEV, I would have switched to Starchoice myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts