Satellite Install help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Disarmingyou

Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
I have installed a SL5 with an hr44 receiver. I am getting an IVR error 0031. I self installed so no one on the directv help line can give me any help. They are trying to tell me I must get an installer. I would like to know if there is any way around this or if someone would pm me the number to call for the request waiver.

any help would be appreciated.

I have no idea what that error code means. Perhaps one of the installers can shed some light on it. What are your signal levels on all of the satellites, all of the transponders, excluding 99s and 103s?

What does that code mean ?
If we knew, we might be able to help you.

At this point, I'm gonna surmise this is NOT a SWM set up, correct ...
Doesn't the Genies require a SWM set up with the Power Insertor ?

Chip also has a good point, regardless of the error code, what are your Signal Strengths ?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will put up my numbers but if I remember correctly.

I get transponders 27 and 29 on 119 and they come in between 94-95 signal strength and I get nothing on any of the other transponders on 119
on 101 I get between 86-91 on all the transponders except two and on 103ca and 103cb my signal ranges between 63-70 on all transponders
99ca and 99cb my signal ranges between 70-78.

I am hooked into and ODU and then from that into a swm and from the swm I run my line to the box.

All you signal seem a bit low.
Cocentrate on getting the 101 Sat as high as you can.

If done right the rest will fall into place.

How about the equipment? Which model lnb? Do you have a power inserter installed?

It's an alignment problem.. that error code just signifies what satellites are failing installation verification. Iss will not give you a waiver as you are not a tech.. and they wouldn't give a tech a waiver for that either.. the dish is not peaked properly.. that's all..

If it's strictly an alignment problem, shouldn't he be getting a 771 error?

If it's strictly an alignment problem, shouldn't he be getting a 771 error?
No because his ird has not completed activation... if he was granted the waiver he would get 771 during any rain.. but they won't grant anyone but a tech a waiver... and we wouldn't get granted a waiver for those signals unless it was raining while we called. And yes weather is verified.

The error code he posted is something only a tech would run into..

What may work although it would be extremely inconvenient. ... if you wait to complete activation until it is raining very heavily in your area then the dma enters a soft waiver due to weather... if you resend Auth during that time you will get a continue option.. but again as stated before.. your dish needs to be properly peaked...

2nd option off the record... go to signal meters.. then sat 103ca.. the xpndr 11... sit your spouse in front of the tv and on a phone. You grab another phone and go out to the dish.. move the adjustment knobs slowly until spouse says up or down (regarding signal strength) when the signal stabilizes on one adjustment move to the other and repeat. Get that 11 up to a 95 then lock everything down on the dish.. head back inside and hit retest.. with luck you'll pass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.