Satellite location?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shleprock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Hello all,
OK - I'm switching to Direct later this week. Now my question is this: this house has had standard dtv service long ago, also had dish network, currently have Voom - with the triple lnb direct dish what direction am I going to be pointing in? Towrds where Voom points now, where Dish network pointed, or where the old single lnb Direct pointed? I hope that makes sense - I am totally unobstructed to the old Direct direction and the Dish direction, when you start swinging around where Voom is pointed I have a little more chance of obstruction.
Anyone want to offer to help based on this screwed up description? :)

Shlep

A combination of where D* and E* point is the quickest answer. That covers all three birds at 101, 110 and 119. (voom points at 61.5 which is way off to the east)

Your old Directv dish points to the 101 satellite location. DISH Network's dish points to the 110 and 119 satellite locations. The Phase 3 dish points to 101,110 & 119 locations.

Thanks! I am totally unobstructed and wide open until you get right about where the Voom points. Dtv and Dish were always pointing into open sky and wide open horizon so I don't think I'll have any issues with this setup! Thanks again, I just couldn't get my bearings straight.

New dtv sats

Hi All, I just got the dtv hd dvr a few weeks ago. Getting great ota sigs but I'm hesitant on upgrading to the triple line dish untill I know where the new sats are going to be located in the sky. Dtv customer service is no help cause they don't even know where the locations are going to be. Can anyone out there give me some help?--RayMo

You can generally count on any new USA DBS to be located in the most central slots for CONUS reception.

DTV8 will be going into 101.0w
Spaceway2 will be going into 101.0w
Spaceway1 will be going into 99.0w
DTV9s will be at either 101w or 119w (decision yet to be made)
DTV10 will be announced closer to its 2007 launch
DTV11 will be announced closer to its 2007 launch

Tks for the quick reply! So I guess its a pretty safe bet that if I upgrade to the 3 line dish now I be able to get the new sats also. That sets my mind at ease a little. I really want to see what this HD DVR can do. Tks again--RayMo

If all the main channels + locals are on the sat at 101
What is on the ones at 110 & 119
thanks bob

Iceberg said:
110 is HD
119 has some locals on it

Thank you
we are just getting direct installed
an will be able to get by just pointing at 101 on our motorhome,
we had dish before going to VOOM
did not want to go back to dish, could not go to cable , the cable in most RV parks is very bad.
bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)