OTHER Satellite Meter question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomboy5740

Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Canada
Hello all...I have been trying very hard to find an answer that will help me get my Trimax Sat Meter 2500 to be seen on any computer. I've tried Windows, vista, 7, and 10, but none will connect to the port it is plugged into. I've tried to use Prolific software for USB connections, and in this case the meter has a serial to usb connection. Although some drivers are available, none will make the connection between the computer and the meter.
Therefore I cannot update anything on this meter.
I realize this meter is very old, but it still works fine, so I am really hopeful that someone out there has one and knows how to connect, or knows someone who has one and has had it connected. I really need to know how to connect, so I can update this thing.
Thanks in advance.

Hello all...I have been trying very hard to find an answer that will help me get my Trimax Sat Meter 2500 to be seen on any computer. I've tried Windows, vista, 7, and 10, but none will connect to the port it is plugged into. I've tried to use Prolific software for USB connections, and in this case the meter has a serial to usb connection. Although some drivers are available, none will make the connection between the computer and the meter.
Therefore I cannot update anything on this meter.
I realize this meter is very old, but it still works fine, so I am really hopeful that someone out there has one and knows how to connect, or knows someone who has one and has had it connected. I really need to know how to connect, so I can update this thing.
Thanks in advance.

Here's the download for software: Trimax Meters

Unpack the zip file, and there's a PDF file that tells you how to connect using it. Sorry I know nothing other than that about this meter.

There's also this: Trimax SM2500

Here's the user manual if you lost yours: Manual English - Trimax Meters | manualzz.com

Reactions: beavs2112
Turns out I already had these files, so I am at the same spot...have to get the meter to read through to the port to the computer, windows vista, 7, and 10 don't work. I am thinking perhaps that since this meter is very old, it may only have worked on earlier versions of windows, like XP.

Turns out I already had these files, so I am at the same spot...have to get the meter to read through to the port to the computer, windows vista, 7, and 10 don't work. I am thinking perhaps that since this meter is very old, it may only have worked on earlier versions of windows, like XP.

I would expect Windows 7 to work, if XP did. I have 7 Pro, and I haven't yet found anything I couldn't run, going all the way back to Win 95 stuff.

Maybe in Win 7, run it in XP compatibility mode? I don't remember for sure how to do it because I've been running Linux for years, but I think you right clicked the icon, then properties and somewhere in there.

If you go to hardware manager should tell you what USB COM port that you're connected to. Setup the meters software to use that port and you should be good to go. Sometimes Windows will assign a different COM port if you disconnect and reconnect.

Thanks for replying, I did check the port and it was correctly connected to it. Could see that in Device Manger. But it didn't make any difference, the software still would not see the connection to the meter and attempting to load the files failed every time. Raine mentioned to try running compatibility mode for windows xp and see if that helps. I might try that and see what happens.
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)