Satellite Motor gearbox and chain drive for azimuth.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I found a pic of a satellite mount which can drive full Clarke belt ( azimuth ). Do you guys have any idea what kind gearbox and chain drive they are using for this. I want to build this kind of mount for myself. Should be able to control via Titanium ASC1.

Sorry seems like something happened. I have attached it here again.

d.jpg

Looks like a 2 axis control system to me. Elevation is controlled by the standard actuator and azimuth is controlled by the drive you have circled in red.

yeah right its a 2 axis mount. What kind of equipment's needed to built a such a mount? I know I need a 36 V 36" Inch Linear Actuator for the elevation . But not sure about azimuth .

Should be able to use two 36" actuators and hinge the elevation and the az axis points..

The poor man two axis mount is a modified polar mount. Substitute the elevation bolt for a 12-18" actuator.

To control the two actuators, use two DiSEqC 1.2 controllers programmed to respond to the same receiver issued DiSEqC 1.2 "GoTo" command.

An alternative is to modify a polar mount with a sprocket attached by a chain to a DC motor to allow full rotation horizon to horizon.

The ASC1 is a single axis controller, but as I suggested in the last post, two controllers can be synced to a single DiSEqC 1.2 command. A few guys use an ASC1 for polarity / AZ and a cheapo G or V box for elevation.

Tnx. I thought that ASC1 is a dual axis. Anyway I already have a RC2000 that I bought very cheap. Is there any specific type of DC motor that can track the movement with Pulse Sensor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts