Satellite Repair Company Needed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pyrr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
I work for a company that uses Satellite Data from Weather Central. We access GR10 and AMC Sats. Well long story short the guy who did our install is long gone. I'm have a real hard time finding a company that does Satellite Repair or Installations that have nothing to do with DirecTV or Dish. Can anyone Name a company in the DC Metro area that does this type of work?

Thanks again
Jeff

There's a place in Waldorf Maryland, called Davis Antenna. They used to do these installs, now they are mostly Directv or DishNet, I think? But you never know, give them a call and ask.

"a company that does Satellite Repair " - So far no such company exist. :D

Try a company that does Satellite Dishes Installations and Repairs.

joking:

Oh, come on now, Smith!
There is one!
NASA has fixed the Hubble telescope, and that's just a big satellite! - :D

But back to the question at hand, what sort of help do you need, Pyrr?
I won't guarantee we can make you an expert on the subject, but we might! - :cool:
. . . and while we're talking about it , maybe someone else will think of an old repair or service guy in your neighborhood.
Those guys are pretty much like the Maytag repairman - getting scarce! - :eek:

a new install will be expensive but there are installers

when we had our weather system put in it came with a dish installation and the dish & install was probably 8k

mentioned above you can probably fix or repair it for a fraction yourself........

if all attempts fail to find a installer , look at the dish makers/sellers most will provide you with a installer .... like Patriot Antenna Systems has a sales office in Va so i'm sure they would set you up with an installer

There must be service people out there in your area. Every gas station, store, school and bank has a commercial dish and they were installed by someone. A quick check on the net tells me there are 2 such businesses within 30 miles of me in NY.

I spent a couple of hours last spring with a service guy from a similar company the day I scored my free Prodelin dish. He was on a special task removing equipment and not a local, but traveling the country. I would have liked to follow him around for a few days.:D

Perhaps we can help here. What kind of problem are you having?

I lost connectivity from Galaxy10 Sat. Basically to make a long story short, the sat dish and mount looked like it rearranged (maybe some nasty weather). Now the only installs i've done myself are DirecTV Dishes, but this is way above my scales. We used to have a company that did that type of stuff but honestly they don't answer the phone so i can't seem to get a hold of them. Basically i'm looking for someone who can fix what mother nature messed up. I'm told i need a spectrum analyzer for this type of work. We use this C-Ban sats for Weather Data. Right now we're on our backup but we'd like to get the main sat backup. Honestly i did a search but the two guys I contacted sounded like they were just doing this as a side gig. So I figured i should stay away from them. I'm not knocking them but as this is something my company relies on i need to make sure it works with out a hitch. Plus i've been burned by a couple of companies.

I'm based in Germantown, MD. We're very close to the Hughes Network Building, kind of funny considering my problem.

Any thing you guys can point me to i'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Jeff

There must be service people out there in your area. Every gas station, store, school and bank has a commercial dish and they were installed by someone. A quick check on the net tells me there are 2 such businesses within 30 miles of me in NY.

I spent a couple of hours last spring with a service guy from a similar company the day I scored my free Prodelin dish. He was on a special task removing equipment and not a local, but traveling the country. I would have liked to follow him around for a few days.:D

Perhaps we can help here. What kind of problem are you having?

ACTION ANTENNA Earth Satellite, they do C-Band installs ask for Junior

4128 Washington Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21227
(410) 242-0440

Try contacting the local TV stations and their engineers and see who takes care of their dishes, maybe they can point you to someone who can help you.

Would you be willing to take some pictures of the Ku dish for G10r, and the C-band dishes you are having trouble with?
Front view, close-ups of the LNB, back views, do 'em all from several angles, and use at least a couple of megapixel camera.
You'll be surprised what the guys here can tell you just by inspection.

I'm not discounting that you need someone on site, but we might be able to tell you if it's a major or minor repair you'll be needing.
It's always wise to hire someone knowing what they need to do... ;)

Hey, Jeff,
You are the company and the expert. This website is full of your consultants! As Anole said, get lots of picture. You know lizards can calculate things from a LONG ways off ;<} !!

You should be seasoned enough for the site to allow you to post pictures.
POP

Hey guys, just an update, turns out i had KU sats and not C band ;) Action Antenna fixed me right up and they were pretty reasonable. I want to thank every one for their help with this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.