Satellite TAx in GA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I just got my bill and the tax was $9.03 it has always been just for the 2 lease receivers which is .35 f , so I called and they are telling me that GA just this month started doing the satellite tax and thats why its that much. I did a search on there site , where I was told to look but found nothing . Can anyone from GA confrim this

Thanks!

Just checked my bill and I have no such tax! That is very weird! I hope it isn't true that this is happening! Normally Directv will alert us on a special channel of such a tax!!

I haven't got my bill for the month yet but I will look when it comes. My billing still comes through the local electrical coop, not sure if that will make a difference.

Just curious...how can any state tax satellite service? No lines are hung/buried on public grounds. I can understand D* being taxed for franchise fees or something like that, but not for the sub receiving the signal? Kind of like that story about how the US Postal Service wants to tax email. Just doesn't jibe...

Update , I decided to call back and got a supervisor , HE look into it and said the person I spoke to was wrong , there is no tax in GA and they fix my bill .

Sonny is just a good ole boy. If you ain't from around here, you might not appreciate him. Of course I say that from the comfort and security of having the Savannah River between me and him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)