Satellite Tool Kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went with the kit because I figured it would the most easy to do a job. I didn't have a stripper yet. The cutter is nice because I won't have use my wire cutter I have now and all the tools are in a nice plactic case where all the items are kept so I don't loose anything.

With the compression tool, can I use any standard male f connector with plastic seal? I see Monoprice has them for a good deal ($0.19 per connector). Much less then what Home Depot wants (almost $1.00 per connector).

Bob, with this compression tool are we able to use other standard male f connector with plastic seals or is it best to stick with the DataShark ones?

I've had this kit for about a year. You can use almost any brand of "F" compression fitting with it (PVC, Plenum, Quad, RG6 & 59). It will not do BNC type compression fittings (collar is too big). I would stick with the all metal weather-proof fittings especially if it is an outdoor application. I've replaced many of the Ideal compression fittings with the plastic seal as they deteriorate in the weather (indoors I guess it doesn't matter). I bought it in a pinch (forgot my Ideal at home!) and still use it occasionally. You can't beat it for the price, I paid $35 at HD.

Ace

Thanks Ace, I tried the kit out on a piece of cable I had laying around, and it was a lot easier and much nicer then the way I used to do it. Wire cutter, knife, and plyers to crimp the end on.

I have found some connectors and I think I know what most would say to get but, want to ask anyway to make sure I get a good solid product. Here are the links. Getting 50 is overkill but it doesn't hurt to have them in a pinch.

PV6-PV Compression Connectors RG6 Perfect Vision

or

For only $7.67 each when QTY 50+ purchased - [50pcs] Male F Connector w/Black Plastic Seal For RG-6U Standard Shield cable | Compression F Connectors

the 1st ones are nice but i'd go for the cheaper ones because they do give you a moisture tight seal. and you can never have too many of these. 50 is good. i just goto lowes and get them locally and purchase a little container 50. they look a lot like your 1st link.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts