Satellite vs cable/fiber optic or other?

:confused:

That was not even close to what I was asking. I did not ask if they are abandoning video service I was asking if they are stooping putting Fiber all of the way to the house
Actually, you asked "in the future will they put Fiber to their house..."

Which part of "Yes" did you not understand? :)

They put the Fiber to the house only when you order service, so the neighbors on my street who have Fiber to their house with FiOs already have service with them. If another neighbor who currently does not have fiber to the house decides to order FiOs in the future will they put Fiber to their house as well since that is how they did all of the other houses on the same street?

Yes, that's how they're doing it here. Just as with coax cable TV boxes, every so many houses gets a box placed in the ground. You can mow over it. When I ordered service, or should I say when they finally allowed me to order service, they came and performed a miracle. Err- they ran fiber from that box in my front yard, under a fence, under a large shed and under a brick path. It came out in a very small area I opened in the bricks. They then popped a box on my wall (different visit) and the rest to start service. Those contractors had some kinda underground feeder machine. I was totally impressed that they basically did no dig damage, aimed VERY precisely and apparently did it very quickly. And the guy who did the inside service knew what he was talking about, got me up and running and left in no time.

They only run from the street to the house when service is ordered. But as I stated, it's become a rather simple, straightforward process.

They will run new service to people in areas currently serviced. Apparently they are just not adding new service areas other than the ones they are already legally committed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)