Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Well, I don't see one already started so here goes:

- I exclude the "eBay Daily Deals" in my profile, but they continue to appear when I click on New Posts.

- Looking for a quick way to jump to/between Forums without going back to SatGuys "Home"...can you add a Forum tab?

Thanks!

Is there any way of getting rid of the ads on the left (a whole left column) and put them back on the top like the old forum used to look like? (Without having to pay to become a pub member?..Money is tight now) The ads on the left column really seem to take away from the forum. Thanks

Just an observation from frequent visitor, but non-frequent poster... Perhaps I am mistaken, but on the "recent threads" on the right, didn't it used to state which forum the recent posts were from, I.E., Dish Network forum, Directv forum, the Sports Section, etc? I found that especially useful.

Scott, if that is already on the to do list, my apologies as everything looks great besides my nitpicking. If not, would love to see it back if time/functionality allows.

Either way, thanks for all you and the others do to keep the site looking great!

Just an observation from frequent visitor, but non-frequent poster... Perhaps I am mistaken, but on the "recent threads" on the right, didn't it used to state which forum the recent posts were from, I.E., Dish Network forum, Directv forum, the Sports Section, etc? I found that especially useful.

Scott, if that is already on the to do list, my apologies as everything looks great besides my nitpicking. If not, would love to see it back if time/functionality allows.

Either way, thanks for all you and the others do to keep the site looking great!
yes it did,also noticed there are ten recent threads instead of the normal 5 or 6

Good point...I noticed something was different, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Fixed. :)

Well, I don't see one already started so here goes:

- I exclude the "eBay Daily Deals" in my profile, but they continue to appear when I click on New Posts.

I am guessing you were clicking on the little new posts that is no longer there... That one didn't have the code to exclude the forums. The big New Threads does that though. :)

- Looking for a quick way to jump to/between Forums without going back to SatGuys "Home"...can you add a Forum tab?
Hint.. Click on the SatelliteGuys Logo. :D

Clicking "Reply to thread" should automatically take you to the "Advanced" reply, not just sit there on the "Quick reply" at the bottom...Takes 2 clicks to reply now.

Nevermind.... I just hit "Go Advanced" instead of "Reply to Thread" ...just one click....blonde moment I guess. I'll just poke around some more now and try to get used to things now :eek:

Thats a vBulletin 4 thing. :( I don't really like that either.

If I wanted to quick reply I would just type in the box. :)

type is smaller can it be made bigger

The type and pages are smaller can they be made bigger? Also how do we get to the satcity arcade?

I do not know if it is just me, since I do not see it mentioned, but each time I change pages, even in the middle of a multipage thread, I have to log back in.... NOT user friendly on slow speed internet.
You might want to clear your satelliteguys cookies. There might be one from the old software thats causing an issue for you. :)

Using the forum tool->mark forum read just sits there. It does work, if you refresh the page the threads are marked read, just that it looks like nothing happens, the menu just sits there highlighted under your mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)