SatelliteGuys 4.0 (upgrade) Problem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before, if I was done with a thread and just wanted to go back into the same forum, I would just click on the forum name in the FORUM JUMP/Quick Navigation at the bottom of the screen. That no longer works. It just brings up the list of forums to jump to, and then you have to find the same forum you are in. Very inconvenient.
Its still one click... :)

For example just click on SatelliteGuys Operation Center as shown below.
attachment.php

These bredcrumbs are at the top and bottom of every thread. :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 3.52.42 PM.PNG
    Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 3.52.42 PM.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 277
The Xbox360 gamertag info in the signatures don't work anymore, as you can see in my signature.

Yup both the XBOX gamer tags and Folding at home tags no longer work in signatures. I am going to try putting them in peoples profiles, but havent got a chance yet.

Green menu bar unreadable

Maybe it is just my computer colors, but the Green menu bar under the blue menu bar is essentially unreadable; the green overwhelms the black text of the menu items. Make text white, or change background on that bar--or maybe I am the only one with that issue.

The text size was just adjusted. :)

We tried going up one more but it was too big. :)

I'm still having to use an add-on that is set to 125% for this site.

Also, for anyone using Firefox with NoScript you now have to enable script for netdna-cdn.com or you'll run into some problems formatting text (like using ctl-B to make type bold brings up a bookmarks sidebar?).

Also, for anyone using Firefox with NoScript you now have to enable script for netdna-cdn.com or you'll run into some problems formatting text (like using ctl-B to make type bold brings up a bookmarks sidebar?).
Yup all the scripts, css and image files are now being served via the cloud. That is one of the reasons for the speed increase. :D

There's no "User CP" link on (all of) the forum pages anymore. I use that a lot to get back to subscribed threads while catching up.

It is still there. Look at the very top of the page.

I see

Good Morning Welcome, JAG72
Thanks, I see it now. It's very hard to see, as the font sizes used up in the first row are "normal size" (to me, anyway), but the majorigy of the text everywhere else is so much larger. I'm not in favor of such large fonts for the text. Hopefully new styles will be developed, with one that has all text the same size, so I can use my browser's zoom function to adjust to my preference. (If I try to shrink down now using my browser zoom function, the top row with links to notifiations, settings, etc. becomes just dots and thus becomes useless.)

There's no "User CP" link on (all of) the forum pages anymore. I use that a lot to get back to subscribed threads while catching up.
There is no more User CP in vBulletin 4.0

Instead they have renamed it settings. Settings can be found on the top right of every page. :)

Due to a number of requests, I have changed the font size back to 13 which was also the size we used with the old software.

Due to a number of requests, I have changed the font size back to 13 which was also the size we used with the old software.
Thanks! That takes care of the thread views, but when you reply the font in the REPLY box is still really large, so that may need to be adjusted as well...

vBulletin has done away with the forum jump in vBulletin 4.0.

They now have a new version called Quick Navigation which can be found under the posts to the right above the quick reply box.

A lot of people at the vBulletin support are upset about this and in addition no one has found a way to have the Quick Navigation at the top and bottom of the thread. :(

I miss the forum jump. Used it all the time......

Comparing between this site and a site running an older version of VB "forum Jump" and "Quick Navigation" look like the exact same thing with different names.

Scott,

That option is not available on a quick reply, only on when going "advanced." I thought in the previous version all sent messages automatically went to the sent folder. Or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts