SatelliteGuys 4.0 (upgrade) Problem Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the fast suggestion. I've tried Firefox every time they've had a major update, but settings like this (from above) just confuse me: "Firefox 3.6 with No Script add-on. I allowed netdna-cdn.com as you suggested." I just don't know what will happen with most of the add-ons, so it's hard for me to personalize it, which many seem to feel is what makes Firefox as good as it is.

If only the IE users are having difficulty with the site loading slowly, and it really is like dial-up slow, that's a reason I understand and won't ask for more help. Any IE users that aren't noticing a definite slow-up with this site upgraded?

Thanks!

I've tried Firefox every time they've had a major update, but settings like this (from above) just confuse me: "Firefox 3.6 with No Script add-on. I allowed netdna-cdn.com as you suggested." I just don't know what will happen with most of the add-ons, so it's hard for me to personalize it, which many seem to feel is what makes Firefox as good as it is.
Add-ons are by no means necessary to use with Firefox. I'd venture to say that far more people run it with ZERO add-ons than those who use add-ons.

As for any slowdown being IE-related, I doubt it. I'm sure there are a LOT of visitors here using IE and no reports of slowdowns, especially after the site upgrade. Really, just try Firefox or Chrome or Safari for 15 minutes (as-is, no add-ons) and see if it's faster.

+1 FireFox is the way to go, plus it has all kinds of tools to make things faster. I trust Internet Exploder as far I can toss a VIP 922 box... At work, even they have reminders not to use Exploder since it's easy to get viruses.

I also have vista but using firefox and really like it, give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)