SatelliteGuys First - Complete Pocket Dish Info!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US is proud to be America's Most Popular Satellite Information Forum! Our members know that when they want to breaking news, talk and information they can find it first at SatelliteGuys.US or they can read it somewhere else in a day or two.

(Ok enough Horn Tooting!)

Today we are proud to give you the first COMPLETE look at Dish Network's new PocketDish unit.

Up until now we have seen bits and pieces on the PocketDish, but now here is your first complete look INCLUDING FULL VIDEO on how the Pocket Dish Units work!

We hope that this mass flood of PocketDish information answers all of your questions about the PocketDish. We will have a hands on review of the PocketDish AV500e. (Hopefully later this week!)

For those who are interested in the PocketDish they will be available from DishStore.NET. Please note at this moment they are not available, we will let you know when they are in stock.

Ok enough talk, let's get to the meat!

The PocketDish AV402E Portable Media Player
MSRP - $329
Features 2.2 Inch 4:3 Screen - 20 GB Hard Drive
No Speaker (headphones only)
No Remote Control
No Docking Station
No Removable Battery
No Stand
Analog A/V Recording (Audio Only)
Recording Hours: MPEG-2 - 20 hours
Recording Hours: MPEG-4 - 80 hours
Maximum Photos: 200,000
Maximum Songs: 10,000
Games Compatable: Yes

AVE402E SatelliteGuys Downloads
AVE402E Quick Reference Guide
AVE402E Users Manual

AV402E SatelliteGuys Videos
Introduction to the AV402E Video
Basic Operation and Navigation Video
Video Instructions for downloading video to the AV402E

The PocketDish AV500E Portable Media Player
MSRP - $499
Features 4 Inch 16:9 Screen - 30 GB Hard Drive
1 Speaker
Remote Control
Docking Station
Removable Battery
Stand is part of the case
Full Analog A/V Recording
Recording Hours: MPEG-2 - 30 hours
Recording Hours: MPEG-4 - 120 hours
Maximum Photos: 300,000
Maximum Songs: 20,000
Games Compatable: No

AVE500E SatelliteGuys Downloads
AVE500E Quick Reference Guide
AVE500E Users Manual

AV500E SatelliteGuys Videos
Introduction to the AV500E Video
Video Instructions for downloading video to the AV500E

The PocketDish AV700E Portable Media Player
MSRP - $599
Features 7 Inch 16:9 Screen - 40 GB Hard Drive
2 Speakers (Stereo)
Remote Control
Docking Station
Removable Battery
Stand is on the Unit
Full Analog A/V Recording
Recording Hours: MPEG-2 - 40 hours
Recording Hours: MPEG-4 - 160 hours
Maximum Photos: 400,000
Maximum Songs: 30,000
Games Compatable: Yes

AVE700E SatelliteGuys Downloads
AVE700E Quick Reference Guide
AVE700E Users Manual

AV700E SatelliteGuys Videos
Introduction to the AV700E Video
Video Instructions for downloading video to the AV700E

CLICK HERE FOR A COMPLETE COMPARISON CHART OF POCKETDISH UNITS

We hope this answers your questions on the Pocket Dish Units!

Thank you for your support of SatelliteGuys.us!

I was thinking of getting the 7 inch model, but now however I am leaning to the 4 inch model instead, the only drawback of the 4 inch model is that it does not play games.

Are there any good games for the Archos or is the exra cost not worth it?

Thanks guys I worked all morning and afternoon on it. It takes a while to encode the video files. :)

I notice a link to this information was posted to the other site this evening however their moderator henchmen decided that they didn't want their members to know about this product and deleted the entire thread.

When are people going to wake up and see whats really going on, we are trying to spread satellite news to everyone while they are trying to control the news, and if they dont like the new or they didn't break the news then they make like it never happened. My question in this is are they trying to help people get better informed about Satellite or are they more worried about selling advertising?

I am about to go into the studio and shoot the very first SatelliteGuys Newscast, a newscast which will be seen GLOBALLY via satellite, and part of the first episode I believe I will be doing a nice editorial about a few of the sites and I will be telling the world exactly whats going on. :D

Who knows I might even show the world some examples of what I am talking about and some emails and PM's which have been sent to me by various members (thank you)

BTW I want a PocketDish, I still can't decide if I want the 4 inch or 7 inch version. :D

Now if you could use it as a universal color home theater remote, I'd buy one yesterday! :D

But it ain't a touch screen. :(

Edit: Nevermind.. It is! I just looked up the SPECS. It has an IR emitter. Sweeeet!

I notice that MPEG-4 has four times the space on the hard drive. Does that mean that the compression is four times the amount which would allow four times the channels with the same satellite space once we go to MPEG-4? It seems as if we will be able to get four times the space on the hard drives on our MPEG-4 DVR's in the future.

You gotta remember the Dish is compelled to give you VOD services so that 300gb HD that we want won't have all that room available...

MPEG-4 is much smaller, but it doesn't mean it's worse. It's a more complex (intelligent) compression. It should make files smaller, and better looking, at the same time.

The Mohpun games on my girlfriends gmini400 aren't all that. She and I both prefer the PSP. She prefers the games on her phone to the games on the gmini :D

Now, if they came up with a memory card reader for the dishpro service, where we could just dump the video onto our 1 gig card for the psp, that would be AWESOME.

I also think that a lot of that extra space on the hard drive will be reserved for their use such as VOD but we would probably see an increase in space as well. They might even try to charge for additional space (particularly the leased receivers) but maybe make it free for AEP customers. Something such as that I can see happening especially if they do a free swapout particularly to HD DVR receivers.

Does anyone know if I can copy programs from my 721 or 942 to an Archos AV700 100 GB (Archos part # 500717) not as in playing and recording, but direct transfer as if copying to a HDD.

khiyal said:
Does anyone know if I can copy programs from my 721 or 942 to an Archos AV700 100 GB (Archos part # 500717) not as in playing and recording, but direct transfer as if copying to a HDD.
Nope you can't at east yet.

However I am sure someone will figure out how to do it. It will only be a matter of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts