Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today we were surprised by the arrival of a Dish 1000 Satellite Dish! We quickly grabbed our camera (aka Cell Phone with a camera) and took some photos of the Dish 1000 as we unpacked the box.

The Dish 1000 is slightly larger then a Dish 500 and comes with a dish pro plus twin LNB and a Dish Pro LNB, it does not come with any kind of switch, you are to plug the 129 LNB into the DishPro Plus LNB if you only want to look at those 3 satellites, if you want to view four satellites you need a DishPro Plus 44 switch.

In going through everything we thought of a few cases where someone would need a DishPro Plus 55 or even a 66 switch to view all the programming that Dish Network offers.

Setup was actually straight forward and it went together quickly.

We were never actually able to aim the dish as the Dish was HITTING THE FENCE because of the skew and elevation needed from our location. When we get a chance we will try doing some modifications to eliminate this problem.

As this writing we were unable to test the unit out, but trust me we will get it working. :)

Anyways here is your SatelliteGuys FIRST LOOK at the Dish 1000! This is a real honest to goodness retail boxed Dish 1000 satellite antenna.

I apologize for the quality of the phones the camera on the cell phone was the only thing we had access to. :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• dish 1000 box2.jpg
    dish 1000 box2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,715
  • dish 1000 packed.jpg
    dish 1000 packed.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • dish 1000 dish.jpg
    dish 1000 dish.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,899
  • dish1000 box.jpg
    dish1000 box.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,357
  • dish 1000 lnb holder.jpg
    dish 1000 lnb holder.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • dish 1000 129 lnb2.jpg
    dish 1000 129 lnb2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,450
  • dish 1000 lnb.jpg
    dish 1000 lnb.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,372
  • dish1000 lnb shroud.jpg
    dish1000 lnb shroud.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,305
  • dish1000 setup.jpg
    dish1000 setup.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 62,797
  • dish hitting fence.jpg
    dish hitting fence.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,706
  • dish1000 cables.jpg
    dish1000 cables.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,763
  • dish1000 screen shot.jpg
    dish1000 screen shot.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,257
UPDATE - WE GOT IT WORKING!

We borrowed a meter and hooked it up to the Dish, somehow we had set the settings on the dish wrong.

Now the fence is no longer hitting the dish.

But we ran into another snag.... We did not have a receiver which can pick up 129. Does anyone know what receivers have software for 129?

We are making progress!

How much are they charging for this dish? I wonder if they will allow you to upgrade with a year's commitment? I also wonder if they are making this dish availble because of the upcoming mpeg4 transition? I sure hope they will talk about this on the Aug 8 the tech chat.

"The Dish 1000 is slightly larger then a Dish 500 and comes with a dish pro plus dual LNB and a Dish Pro LNB"

Hey Scott...did you mean dish pro plus TWIN lnb instead of "dual" ;)

Otherwise, this looks great! Can't wait to start installing them

This might be a silly question, but what benefit does this dish offer? I have a setup for Voom at 61.5 and Dish 500. Is there something out on the outer fringe sats that need?

Scott,

I have a couple of questions that you maybe able to answer after you get the D1000 set up properly and obtain a receiver that has a 129 W Point Dish choice. Since you are in Connecticut, what type of elevation angle do you need to use? Is there a listing in a manual that tells by zip code what elevation and skew angles to use or is this available in the Peak Angles sub menu for the receiver you are using? What type of angles are needed for the worst case, let's say a zip code somewhere in northern Maine? Have you heard if Dish will allow one to use a D300 with a D500 to get 110/119 and 129? It is has been reported on the other site that an analog signal is available at 129 W on the 32 TP. I guess the next couple of months of Tech/Charlie Chats should be a lot more interesting than the past several. Of course I still think Dish will come out with a Superdish that can get 110, 118.7 or 121, 119 and 129.

Scott, do you have the measurements of the dish compared to the DISH500? I'm just curious how big it is. I can't tell from the pictures but it looks to be just a little wider. I know the SuperDISH doesn't look nearly as large in a picture as it does in person.

I would imagine that the logical move is to leave national HD on both 61.5 and 129 in MPEG4 as it comes out, then to put spotbeam HD locals coming from rainbow-1 and the increased spot capability coming from echo 10 when she launches. I think that national HD will stay on both 61.5 and 129. Also 129 is not broadcasting anything yet and no receivers have it as an option unless its left from when 129 was running straight Ku for some locals back in the day. We need to wait until they add it to the firmware and put content on it and allow us to subscribe to it...

-Bounty

if i had to take a logical guess... I think 129 will go hot within the week and some huge annoucment will be made on the tech forum... that is my guess but then again this is echostar were talking about.....

The first message has been updated with a few more pictures, including the cable hookup from the 129 LNB to the DishPro Plus TWIN lnb.

They used what they had and did not have to reinvent the wheel to get it done. Its actually very smart of them for doing it this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)