SatelliteGuys First Look - Dish 1000 Satellite Dish

What's on or will be on 129? Hearing rumors of HD using MPEG4 but what kind of channels? Are they for HD locals, Voom (11 extra) or other movie channels?

This is a FSS satellite and if so what about superdish owners?
Presently I have 121, 119, 110 superdish with a 61.5 wing dish. Will there be a 30 inch standalone dish for 129 that includes a DPP54 or 64 switch?

129 isn't FSS, it's EchoStar 5, a DBS satellite previously at 110 or 119 (I can't remember).

jergenf said:
What's on or will be on 129? Hearing rumors of HD using MPEG4 but what kind of channels? Are they for HD locals, Voom (11 extra) or other movie channels?
Nobody knows. All we have is rumors. Don't panic, we will find out when there are actual channels on that location.

BTW: I would NOT place my bets on any test channels that may appear on 129. Wait for them to come out of engineering. There are a lot of test channels on 148 that have yet to become public. I expect the first use of 129 will be for E* to do some testing.
jergenf said:
This is a FSS satellite and if so what about superdish owners?
The new 129 is NOT FSS. It is a standard DBS satellite, Echostar 5, that was operating as an in-orbit spare at 119 until E* sent it over to 129. E* used a FSS satellite at 129 in the past - but not recently.
jergenf said:
Presently I have 121, 119, 110 superdish with a 61.5 wing dish. Will there be a 30 inch standalone dish for 129 that includes a DPP54 or 64 switch?
I doubt it. This is one reason why I'm betting that 129 will be used for locals. E* doesn't want to support that many satellite locations on one receiver. The expense and wiring gets messy.

I believe E* is aiming for the day when all subscribers will only need 119 and 110 plus only one of the other satellite positions for their locals or new HD locals. The DP44 will support the odd customer who needs the fourth satellite. I don't expect the need for more than four satellite positions to become common.

JL

MikeD-C05 said:
Doesn't the 301/311 receivers already have a slot for the 129 satellite in the point dish menu?

All three of my 301's have 129 satellite in dish point. Appeared a few months ago. Have been meaning to try to hit, but haven't had the time. Still too heart broken after several days spent trying to hit 148 only to find that - "yes power lines really can mess up your compass" and "trees, especially the the Big Thicket, really do block the signal". (I was actually negotiating a price for a 100 ft. tower before the adrenaline kicked out and common sense returned.:) )

The Locals that were on the 129 Were on the Intelisat 7 KU-FSS brid and they used the actual StarBand dish that is for the commerical use at the 129 location, with the addition of the E* kit and it didn't have the transmitter. The Ku-DBS slot is a Canadian slot, and only recently has E* been allowed the use of it through an agreement similar to what D* has with the 72.5.

Yes the Dish 1000 is working on all 3 LNB's

I just got a note from one of my insiders at Dish who tells me the plans are the start rolling out the Dish 1000 in October.

I am also told that there will be additional HD programming available on it besides VOOM. I dont have any idea what new channels will be coming though.

They said they hoped to have the other 10 VOOM channels and some other National HD channels around the beginning of the year in MPEG4.

I am waiting for a MPEG4 FTA receiver I was shown at the Satellite Expo. :)

(It was just an empty box there)

it would be interesting to see what it can get.

You and JohnH got to teach me some of this stuff as I have no idea what your talking about but I find it amazing. :D

Really ? I'm probably missed that first report, at least Lyngsat still show nothing about those channels. I'm quite skeptical of the fact, I know JohnH used 6000 with 8PSK module for such muxes, but his setup doesn't have ability to analyze H.264 (MPEG4) mux.
I'll try to find that posts there.
EDIT. My search at DBST by keywords "148*" & "mpeg*" and author=JohnH didn't bring the info. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts