SatelliteGuys First Look - Dish 1000 Satellite Dish

I may be wrong, but can you get channel numbers, epg name and data without having to tune to those channels? Isn't there like a system table or something.

I found this post on here that shows the MPEG4 STB with the program guide up and several channels that may be the MPEG4 channels.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=466644&postcount=85

It also shows Starz HD which was MPEG4, but the browse banner isn't up at the same time telling you what channel that is... So it may or may not be 9985 ETC5

For sure those 99xx ( EDIT: HMP41,HMP42, SMP41,SMP42,SMP43,SMP44 and SMP21 ) located on one transponder#5 of 148. And yes, the transponder have standard set of DVB tables (NIT,PAT,PMT) what allowed FTA+8PSK parse it. And no, the 6000+8PSK will tell you nothing about the mux.
I don't have any info regarding Starz HD in MPEG4 format, at least in present time.
If Scott missed opportunity to check which channels was that time ;), then we could speculate only.

EDIT. Interestingly, there are two HD in MPEG4, four SD in MPEG4 and one SD MPEG2. Wow ! :cool:

I am a sat tech for southern star inc. (RSP) and in lubbock texas and the areas around us are moving to dish 1000 to stop the use of 2 dishes per house .. due to the fact that we now use 2 dishes , one is used for 119,110 and the other is used for 148. with dish 1000 we can shoot all three 119,110,and the new to us 129 will now be providing local stations.Also ,yes it does look a lot like directs phase 3 dish .

Cypherdiaz said:
I am a sat tech for southern star inc. (RSP) and in lubbock texas and the areas around us are moving to dish 1000 to stop the use of 2 dishes per house .. due to the fact that we now use 2 dishes , one is used for 119,110 and the other is used for 148. with dish 1000 we can shoot all three 119,110,and the new to us 129 will now be providing local stations.Also ,yes it does look a lot like directs phase 3 dish .
Welcome to SatelliteGuys... My locals are mostly 110 with a few at 148... (Alb)... would rather have your locals as we had Kcbd as our Nbc provider at one time... :) (and you are closer geographically...)

dfergie said:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys... My locals are mostly 110 with a few at 148... (Alb)... would rather have your locals as we had Kcbd as our Nbc provider at one time... :) (and you are closer geographically...)

Are you in a must carry area.... to be using 148 ...2 dishes?

redhawk said:
All three of my 301's have 129 satellite in dish point. Appeared a few months ago. Have been meaning to try to hit, but haven't had the time. Still too heart broken after several days spent trying to hit 148 only to find that - "yes power lines really can mess up your compass" and "trees, especially the the Big Thicket, really do block the signal". (I was actually negotiating a price for a 100 ft. tower before the adrenaline kicked out and common sense returned.:) )

not sure what area you are in but to hit 148 on a 500 or 300 . drop elevation to between 26 and 30 and scew at a flat 90 and go a little sout west not sure how to tell you how with out a meter

jergenf said:
What's on or will be on 129? Hearing rumors of HD using MPEG4 but what kind of channels? Are they for HD locals, Voom (11 extra) or other movie channels?

This is a FSS satellite and if so what about superdish owners?
Presently I have 121, 119, 110 superdish with a 61.5 wing dish. Will there be a 30 inch standalone dish for 129 that includes a DPP54 or 64 switch?

not sure about hd locals but 129 will be used for hd and locals in some dma's and some parth of northern texas and lower KA are using all super dish for locals from 121 ... will also soon go to dish 1000 . 129 and dish 1000 will used for different reasons around the USA though ....

Cypherdiaz said:
not sure what area you are in but to hit 148 on a 500 or 300 . drop elevation to between 26 and 30 and scew at a flat 90 and go a little sout west not sure how to tell you how with out a meter

also line of sight willl be tough on a 148 dish ... but i have only been to maybe a half dozen that did not have line of sight for 148 ... what dma are you in . i can give you the breakdown on hitting 148 ... or you can buy the ever better chanel master meter .

What sense would that make? Take down both dishes and install a Dish 1000... or just repoint the 148 dish to 129 and sign here please.

I just got a Dish1000 from my local retailer. He only had a few but he owed me a few favors so he just gave it to me. Dish must have a lot in mind to put on 129 to be shipping these things all over the U.S. without having anything up there except the few voom and local channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)