SatelliteGuys FIRST LOOK - DISH's Hopper and Joey

Dear David,

This is confirmation that your recent request to change programming or upgrade your receiver has been processed/updated. Please review the details regarding your service change. If you have questions or need to make changes to any of the information displayed below, please call 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).

Programming Added
(No Change)

Programming Removed size
(No Change)

Equipment Added
Receiver Hopper
Receiver Hopper
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey

Your installation technician will arrive between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM on March 22, 2012.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

All prices, packages, and programming subject to change without notice.

You haven't given it a chance to work. Yes they will show skipped in the event list, but they will also automatically be saved off from PTA.

Delete the timers you just made to make sure you start from a clean slate. Then re-do the timers and then leave them alone. They should show as skipped.

Tonight you will see the shows saved to both your regular DVR folder and your PTA folder, and it will only take a single tuner. You will still have two tuners available for non-PTA events.

But this still doesn't address the fact that the DVR counts those shows as using up the tuners. If I have PTAT turned on, and I want to set up four timers for the exact same time on the four major networks, I should still have 2 tuners to record other channels. This is not the case. The priority structure still kicks in and the two non-major-network shows will not record if they are further down on the priority list.

I still stand by my original request for a "Save Series" option.

But this still doesn't address the fact that the DVR counts those shows as using up the tuners. If I have PTAT turned on, and I want to set up four timers for the exact same time on the four major networks, I should still have 2 tuners to record other channels. This is not the case. The priority structure still kicks in and the two non-major-network shows will not record if they are further down on the priority list.

I still stand by my original request for a "Save Series" option.

We must be doing something differently. I've had different results. When I have set timers for 6 shows at the same time (four PTA nets + 2 non PTA), all four network events use only the single PTA tuner and are saved in both the main folder and PTA folder. The two non-PTA shows record successfully on the two non-PTA tuners and are saved in the main folder. I can switch between all 6 shows live while recording from Hopper and Joeys.

I have not seen an individually set timer for a PTA show take an additional tuner. Granted it's only been a week, but I think I have had a timer set for at least one event each night that was also covered under PTA. They have never taken an additional tuner.

Is priority a factor? Maybe it requires non-PTAT timers to have higher priority to keep the non-PTAT tuners available.

Possibly, I'll look tonight. I know the default priority was initially set to highest. I changed it to lowest a couple days ago. I didn't notice any difference in the PTA/tuner usage behavior.

Possibly, I'll look tonight. I know the default priority was initially set to highest. I changed it to lowest a couple days ago. I didn't notice any difference in the PTA/tuner usage behavior.

Well I tried the 8pm hour with 2 non-pta timers with higher priority than than four the 4 pta timers, then the 10pm hour with the 4 pta timers at higher priority than 2 non-pta timers. All six shows were recorded and saved appropriately in both instances.

Still don't know what we could be doing differently.

So you don't think it's confusing at all that, in the scenario you describe, the schedule shows that certain shows (network and non network) that they will not record due to priority and that, when setting the timers, priority alerts pop up saying that it will not record?

So you don't think it's confusing at all that, in the scenario you describe, the schedule shows that certain shows (network and non network) that they will not record due to priority and that, when setting the timers, priority alerts pop up saying that it will not record?

Not confusing at all. I don't get the conflict pop-up until I try and record the 7th show.

In the Daily Schedule list "skipped" PTA shows that will record show in PTA yellow. True out of tuner conflicts show as red. Maybe the PTA duped timers need a PTA icon or something next to them, but it all just works exactly as I hoped.

--- i'm in PR and have the AAD channels E & W, will Prime Time Anytime will work with those channels (E & W), or will record the feed from my locals (bad image & audio quality)? - i'm using a 922, can i just buy the hopper without any joey and use the 3 tuners on one tv only? - they will desub my 922 just to use the hopper? - thanks! ---

--- thanks for your reply! - here the network channels are not in HD, but the AAD channels E&W are in the same transponder, but not in HD either, so, with that conditions, the Prime Time Everytime will not work here - anyone knows if i can just buy the hopper just to use the 3 tuners on one tv? - the 922 will be desubbed from my account if i add a hopper? - the 922 is my property as it will be the hopper, i'll buy it from ebay ---

manteca said:
--- thanks for your reply! - here the network channels are not in HD, but the AAD channels E&W are in the same transponder, but not in HD either, so, with that conditions, the Prime Time Everytime will not work here - anyone knows if i can just buy the hopper just to use the 3 tuners on one tv? - the 922 will be desubbed from my account if i add a hopper? - the 922 is my property as it will be the hopper, i'll buy it from ebay ---

Yes, you can get a Hopper for just one TV. Yes, the 922 will be desubbed and your $4 Sling fee will become a $4 Whole-Home fee even though you are using it on just one TV. You will need to get a $30 Sling Adapter to have Sling functionality on the Hopper. Solid Signal has Hoppers and Solo Nodes (required) in stock. But it would make much more sense to lease.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...work-HOPPER-Whole-Home-DVR-System-(ESHPR2000)

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...ork-185834-Solo-Node-For-Hopper/Joey-(185834)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Dear David,

This is confirmation that your recent request to change programming or upgrade your receiver has been processed/updated. Please review the details regarding your service change. If you have questions or need to make changes to any of the information displayed below, please call 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).

Programming Added
(No Change)

Programming Removed size
(No Change)

Equipment Added
Receiver Hopper
Receiver Hopper
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey
Receiver Joey

Your installation technician will arrive between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM on March 22, 2012.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

All prices, packages, and programming subject to change without notice.

Have we heard how this install went?

--- a friend pass me this diagram, since he doesn't have any of the hoppers/joeys, i need to be sure this is correct ---

Attachments

• 2hoppers 4 joyes.jpg
    2hoppers 4 joyes.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 336
Looks good, but I would get rid of the switch, no reason to keep it in there (that I can think of) it just gives you another point of failure. :)

--- you meant the DPP33 switch? - i got 3 separate dishes in PR with DP lnbs, since we can't use the same lnbs as continental USA - can i connect those lnbs directly to the node? ---

--- you meant the DPP33 switch? - i got 3 separate dishes in PR with DP lnbs, since we can't use the same lnbs as continental USA - can i connect those lnbs directly to the node? ---

Sorry I didn't realize you had 3 separate dishes. In that case I would keep the DPP33 switch. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts