SatelliteGuys FIRST LOOK: Optoma 3D-XL Projector Adapter

Nice write up James.

Sadly I think my HD70 Optoma projector is 60hz 720p, but I figured when a full 1080p 3D projector hit the $999 range I would upgrade. That is a great device for those who have the projector with which it will work :)

should be able to do that, but then you have to maybe invest in a new screen as well...check out rdjam and what he has done to see what all that involves.

Projectors are in a interesting state in my opinnion as I believe we are in the last stages of 3D ready projectors (the term given to a projector that could be used in a nvidia 3d solution setup) and the beginning of a TRUE 3D ready setup (plug your HDMI cable in and you have 3D) so that is also why I termed it 3D ready projectors too keep in line with what Projector Makers have out there now.

Thanks for the clarification. Apparently I was not up to the latest definitions of terms for 3D. I thought what I had was a "3D ready" projector. By the terminology a 3D ready is one that with accessories can be made into a 3D projector as with the Optoma system. I see the new term is "Full 3D capable" meaning that it complies with the full 3D standards out of the box. You don't need to buy anything extra to get 3D.

Thanks for the clarification. Apparently I was not up to the latest definitions of terms for 3D. I thought what I had was a "3D ready" projector. By the terminology a 3D ready is one that with accessories can be made into a 3D projector as with the Optoma system. I see the new term is "Full 3D capable" meaning that it complies with the full 3D standards out of the box. You don't need to buy anything extra to get 3D.

correct...confused yet :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)