SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

I wonder if the true story behind logitec stoping producing more units is due to the slow sales of the revue box.

I believe a remake of the revue is on the way. This new box may do less since they may be aiming for a price point below $150.00 to be more closer to apple tv and the roku box. Both apple and roku have sold one million units this last quarter while reports have the revue sales at less then five thousand units per engadget.

Sales of the revue boxes are just guesses since logitec has not released any figures.

I got the revue for Christmas and can't get dolby digital from the hdmi port. Is their a way to do this?

Also from the the digital port my receiver does read the Dolby digital flag, but it does not do the 5.1 surround, what comes out is stereo. Does the revue box do a true Dolby digital?

I wonder if the true story behind logitec stoping producing more units is due to the slow sales of the revue box.
I think it's simple...the Networks won't play ball, thus demand is down across the board.

I've had a Roku (2 of em, actually) since March of 2009. Have had my Revue for about two months. I can't tell you how much I use my Revue compared to my Roku. Don't get me wrong, I def used the Roku, but nothing like I use GoogleTV. I'm constantly searching the web, watching podcasts, Netflix, Pandora, etc all while watching Dish in a PIP window. These services integrated with our TV service is the way to go (for me, anyway)....and I really don't have interest in media from my PC on my TV (don't have much), nor am I all that concerned with Hulu (although I understand those who do not finding much use for GoogleTV). I love it, and can't wait till Android apps are available...then it will be sick!

I have been requesting to meet with them for awhile now at CES and have yet to get a reply. If they are serious about the future of this product then it is in their best interest to contact me. :)

I have been requesting to meet with them for awhile now at CES and have yet to get a reply. If they are serious about the future of this product then it is in their best interest to contact me. :)

Scott G. the Sat Guy, can make you or break you , in the industry. :deal:

Seriously though, many people do value your opinion on new items. I have read many of your reviews and decided to buy or not to buy at this time ,due to your opinions on the new item. They could get some positive buzz from interviewing with you at CES. They had better do some kind of public display and demo at CES, or the rumors could hurt Logitech revue's reputation and their viability as a company. Consumer confidence in a new company or product is something they need to nurture and this suspension move at the most critical time of the year, the holidays, doesn't do anything to engender it.

Logitec a new company? They have been around for quit awhile, they are well known for the harmony remotes.

They have made computer accessory for a Long time.

Revue is a new product.

Logitec a new company? They have been around for quit awhile, they are well known for the harmony remotes.

They have made computer accessory for a Long time.

Revue is a new product.

Don't forget their bread and butter are keyboards and mice. My first mouse ever was a Logitech mouse, so I think they have been around the block a few times, MikeD.

Don't forget their bread and butter are keyboards and mice. My first mouse ever was a Logitech mouse, so I think they have been around the block a few times, MikeD.

I didn't mean to infer that Logitech was a new company . I was talking about the logitech REVUE unit ,which does google, as a new PRODUCT. Whether a new product OR a new company, it doesn't inspire consumer confidence in the item you are trying to sell ,when you pull production during the holidays-which is the best time to sell new products. As evidenced in the linked report from Gadget website. They said that there has been a 3 % drop in Logitech's stock price ,over the rumors of why they are pulling production of the google revue unit. This proves what I posted above.

The problem with the revue and boxee box is the atom CPU that both units share. This is a slow and buggy chip. Anyone who has an atom notebook can attest to the fact that it loads the Internet real slow. At the price point that both of these unit sells for I am surprised that a Better chip was not used.
I have both the boxee box and the revue and both seems to have the same bugs.

I was at Best Buy and asked about TV with WiFi integration. They showed me a Sony that had the GoogleTV built into it. He said it was the same as the revue with a small handheld keyboard. I hooked it up to my t-mobile hot spot WiFi and got online with it. We watch some youtube videos and it never paused at all. It was running a 720 HD video also. I also tried to get into the Dish Network Sling page but I could not remember my password or I need to log into my Dish account to to go to the view my DVR. I still have a 622 and have use the android app to control my DVR. I was hoping to move to the 922 and have a way to watch my DVR from remote locations. When checking the Download with Speedtest.net, I got a 2.5mb down and .7 up speed over the phone WiFi inside the Best Buy with only 3 bars on the phone.

I was wondering If anyone has tried to log into their Dish Account and control the DVR from it on the revue?

I have found a bug in the hardware. Others may have, also. When I switch my Samsung 5687 tv from HDMI to anything else and then go back to HDMI, the Reviews video is ok, but the Dish vip 722 dvr video is all broken up. Power cycling the Review fixes the problem. I can plug the 722 hdmi directly into the tv and I do not have the problem. It is a pain as it is a daily thing as I switch to my Wii exercze program and back. If the Review had a reset option on the keyboard, it would be ok, but I have not found such an item in any menu/setup/option.

Try alt del ctrl as this puts the logitech revue into a reboot mode.

Also in settings go to about and reset . Choose to erase all information as this puts the revue into a new state and requires a new setup. sometime starting from scratch fixes the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)