SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

So with this deal that Fox has with Dish, can you watch Fox programming through the Revue? I would love to be able to watch last nights Tera Nova on my tv instead of sitting in front of my computer.

Revue uses google chrome, hulu is blocked, and dish dosent support google.....Kinda like the axes of evel?

Dish doesn't support google? Then why can you integrate their sat boxes with googletv?

As I said before in an earlier post, if you could see DISH ONLINE on your Google Revue unit, you could then use it to see your dvr in HD on another tv in your house ,making the YET TO BE RELEASED VAPOR WARE Sling Extender useless. They don't want it to work, by design.

As I said before in an earlier post, if you could see DISH ONLINE on your Google Revue unit, you could then use it to see your dvr in HD on another tv in your house ,making the YET TO BE RELEASED VAPOR WARE Sling Extender useless. They don't want it to work, by design.

fizzle...

I agree with that, but the other poster made a wider comment "dish doesn't support google" which isn't true.

I thought I heard that will a full app market (in upcoming GoogleTV release) that apps could be developed that make the revue look like a PC so things like Dish Online, Hulu, etc would work.

I agree with that, but the other poster made a wider comment "dish doesn't support google" which isn't true.

I thought I heard that will a full app market (in upcoming GoogleTV release) that apps could be developed that make the revue look like a PC so things like Dish Online, Hulu, etc would work.

Dish DOES NOT SUPPORT GOOGLE CHROME....they hose you $4 for intragration on your Revue thats all they support. The browser on the Revue is Chrome. Just like posted here if dish ever decided to support google chrome, they would be cutting there nose off dispite there face....I have heard nothing even about dish having an app. that will work with the new HC update, it would be nice, I dont see it happening for many reasons.

AZ. said:
Dish DOES NOT SUPPORT GOOGLE CHROME....they hose you $4 for intragration on your Revue thats all they support. The browser on the Revue is Chrome. Just like posted here if dish ever decided to support google chrome, they would be cutting there nose off dispite there face....I have heard nothing even about dish having an app. that will work with the new HC update, it would be nice, I dont see it happening for many reasons.

Again, you missed my point. I never mentioned chrome. I'll just let it go.

Again, you missed my point. I never mentioned chrome. I'll just let it go.

I missed it because you realy did t ask a question then? You can not get DRA or DO using google chrome. We doubt that the google Revue will have a working app as it will cut in to there some day to release HD add on adapter....The 922 or the 722k or 722 does not have a browser that surfs the internet...The google Revue has a browser and it does interface with your Dish network bo:mad: which is $4 dollor a month charge)...So if your looking for more than that please ask!

Vaporware is NOT something not released as yet. It is something that totally missed its ANNOUNCED release date by months or years, not a quarter.

The first guy who invents an app for the Android Market that can mask the device from broadcasting that it is a GoogleTV device is gonna get rich....

Forgive my ignorance if this is something at the hardware level that can't be spoofed, but I am surprised that Google doesn't figure out a way to leave the door open a crack so enthusiasts can come up with a workaround to the blocking. Otherwise this device will never reach its' potential.....

is it blocked? i thought it was just a activex control that needs to be installed for the different sites to work. each one is unique to each broadcaster but otherwise, as long as you can install it you should be able to view the content.

I'm imagining the code is something like this ....

IF DEVICEID = "GoogleTV" THEN BURP ELSE ACTIVATE VIDEOSTREAM

How do we find a way to block that ID from being transmitted so that it thinks the device is just a generic browser (in which case they would have to ditch the streaming service entirely to stop it)....? Has anyone even checked if it is legal (in a restrain of trade kind of way), to block one device but not others when you give it away for free?

The GoogleTV blocking that Hulu and the networks are doing is being done at the Flash level. So blame Adobe for not giving you the option. There is a setting on the GoogleTV that changes the broswer agent to "default" which does exactly what you are describing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)