SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

Just got this from DISH Network to share. :)

I look forward to hearing your reviews on the new software!

Attachments

• Google TV Honeycomb Update.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 637
Eric Schmidt spoke at LeWeb in Paris today:
Onstage at LeWeb in Paris this afternoon, the Google CEO told the audience that, "By the summer of 2012, the majority of the televisions you see in stores will have Google TV embedded."
So much for it being a flash in the pan... remember people it's a marathon! :)

Don't have it here yet. It bugs me that it claims my software is up to date, I'd prefer to be able to make it update.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just checked. No update here and still claims that I have the latest firmware.

Courtesy of a moderator on the Logitech Revue Forum:

"The Google TV 3.1 update is now being rolled out to our customers. The roll-out will happen in the next 4 days, and all customers should receive the update by Monday, December 12th. Please note that it is not possible to force the update by resetting your unit. The first day will be a small percentage and will get increase throughout the four day roll-out period. Your patience is much appreciate. Please be assured that the update will be delivered over the next 4 days."

I really hate waiting.

I can't tell if I got the release yet since I have been running the beta software for the past few months.
You may never get the official release. AFAIK, once you are on the beta program, you will always be getting beta releases, which can come pretty fast and furious, sometimes more than one in a single day.

OTOH, there could be different levels of the beta program, with some folks getting the more frequent "experimental" versions, while others get less frequent and more stable beta releases.

You may never get the official release. AFAIK, once you are on the beta program, you will always be getting beta releases, which can come pretty fast and furious, sometimes more than one in a single day.

OTOH, there could be different levels of the beta program, with some folks getting the more frequent "experimental" versions, while others get less frequent and more stable beta releases.

There are, but it seems with logitech - its a once a day, if your lucky (more like once a week, or every two, unless there is a quick fix). However, there are reports of people on userdebug getting the update as well, so not sure yet what is up.

I checked this morning and still nothing. Heading home from a job interview, hopefully it'll be there waiting for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)