SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 01/19/2008

Sorry to tell you, but it does make sense for someone who hates YES to subscribe to a service that does not carry YES.

All of the carriage agreements for YES require the provider to pay YES for EVERY subscriber on the system.

So if someone hates YES and does not want any of the monthly subscription fees to goto YES then it makes perfect sense for someone to goto a provider that doesn't carry YES.

BTW: It is YES being greedy and wanting to get money for every subscriber is the reason why Dishnetwork doesn't carry YES.

I too wish for the yes network and can't figure out why and how that sportsnet ny was added. It is no different than yes in regards to carriage fees. How does D* seems to add almost everything and not dish. Is dish really that cheap and then again because of these money grabbing programmers preferably ESPN to name a few, dish is at their mercy to accomadate them and pass the buck to us, the subscribers. Makes no sense at all. But will wait when AMC 14 is launched hopefully this coming march to replace echo 3 @ 61.5....
rolou21.

To quote Morrisey, how soon is now?

Yep, it all depends on your timeframe.

"Colombus discovered the new world in 1492. Colonists soon started arriving" In this case "soon" was about a century.

I am currently trying to stuff a couple thousand pieces of info into a 100 us timeslice window. My definition of "soon" is a nanosecond.

I contacted dish a few days ago about the no USA HD thing. Was told that my HD locals, of which i didnt ask about were not available yet and dish was negotiating with the networks for them. Two days prior i had contacted my local stations about dish not carrying the HD signal. They all told me that dish has never contacted a station in Montana or Wyoming, where i live, about carrying their HD signals. I proceeded to email them back about the info i had received and that they should check there sources before sending this crap email. The csr replied saying they had forwarded my email on to higher department. I received a damn form email, exactly word for word, in a reply i received from them earlier. Talk about BS. If i had found this site and read up on this before Dec. I would have thought differently before signing the 18 month commitment.

Why??? The poster didn't say Columbus was the FIRST Person to Discover the New World, just that he did Discover it in 1492. JK.

Besides, I don't think I would argue any point with someone as old as Leif Erickson. lol

Geoff

If he wasn't the first European to set foot in America, than he by defintion didn't "discover" it (at least as far as Europe is concerned.)

If you find something out and you never tell anyone and no one knows about it, then you and your discovery die. Then some one else comes around and discovers the same thing and tells everyone about it. Who is really the person that discovered the thing for that society?

The steam engine was first developed as a toy in ancient greece. Does that mean that Thomas Savery did not invent the steam engine engine some 2000 years later? The difference is it took off from his invention (new to him and everyone in that society but not a new idea or item to the human race)

And now back to your topic. :)

Sorry. I get all "pissy" about this Leif guy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts