SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 02/09/2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
5 TEMP channels...guess they've decided to kill our uplink fun by not naming the channels when uplinked anymore.

The temp. are the ones they are testing. Transponder 11 still has room for a few more?

I am now noticing SNY-HD (channel 388 and mapped to a second 438) is showing a message that you should tune to channel 438 to view it starting next Wednesday.

Does this mean that RSN's will no longer be in the upper 300 range at all?

So, the chart shows 5 TEMP HD channels. Do these 5 include USA and SCIFI or are those still unplinked seperatly (not sure if I asked that right)?

I was hoping to see Speed Channel in hd in the uplink report today. From the Speed Channel website:

"SPEED will make its move to High Definition in 2008, beginning Feb. 7 with 100 hours of NASCAR on SPEED HD from Daytona Speedweek"

Oh well.

Digiblur

Can you tell if the temp channels is the same as what we discussed in the pub? or are they just slates until the actual channel comes live?

Speculation says "yes". They are encrypted now so I don't know for 100% sure. You can see from the picture below that it is actual video though.

Attachments

• 615_12342.PNG
    615_12342.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 129_12370.PNG
    129_12370.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 345
Is this the only uplink report for today or will there be more right after 130pm est?

It is usually one a shot deal on Wednesday. If they have some encoder/TP moves they will do this during Wednesday night to minimize the number of calls if something goes wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts