SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 02/09/2008

"You have a tall tower in your backyard.... why?"

"Well you see that pulley up there? If we hoist a 5 pound roast up there to the top of that tower, it cooks in about 40 seconds."

"Coooool.... I'll take it."

Looks like seven of the small dishes plus the big one are pointed at 61.5, and four are pointed maybe as far west as 129. Interesting.

Brad

Maybe, but those are probably old pictures and they are probably co-locating with someone else that is already there with a tower transmitting.

Looks like the big one is pointing at 77 for some reason...
Pop in those coordinates at dishpointer.com and even though you can't pick 77 with 79 it looks almost perfect.

That's about a 20 minute drive from my house....

When are you going to drive by and snap some pics? ;)

Looks like the big one is pointing at 77 for some reason...
Pop in those coordinates at dishpointer.com and even though you can't pick 77 with 79 it looks almost perfect.

I'm betting the pictures do not show the Echostar dishes yet.

It looks like Dish will now have uplink sites for most of the eastern E-12 spotbeams which is how the E-12 satellite was designed. The only ones I don't think they have uplink sites for are the Bangor, Maine spotbeam that only covers Maine and Vermont and the Miami, Florida spotbeam although I wouldn't be surprised if Dish adds one there soon. I also can't see Dish using the E-12 spotbeams for Los Angeles, San Fransisco or Seattle and probably not Denver or Alburquerque either although only Los Angeles and San Fransisco would be the only ones that don't have uplink sites.

It looks like Dish will now have uplink sites for most of the eastern E-12 spotbeams which is how the E-12 satellite was designed. The only ones I don't think they have uplink sites for are the Bangor, Maine spotbeam that only covers Maine and Vermont and the Miami, Florida spotbeam although I wouldn't be surprised if Dish adds one there soon. I also can't see Dish using the E-12 spotbeams for Los Angeles, San Fransisco or Seattle and probably not Denver or Alburquerque either although only Los Angeles and San Fransisco would be the only ones that don't have uplink sites.

Where's the uplink for spot 12? Jackson, MS, Mobile, New Orleans beam...

Would it do any good?

I'm not sure if there is access to actually see something without breaking any trespassing laws. I wouldn't make a special trip but it would be cool to see if they are constructing anything new since this last aerial picture was taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)