SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 02/09/2008

Yeah I saw that. I was actually in a bowling alley once where they used the service.

Wonder where they moved to, or if they went under.

9464 - ORDER [MPEG2 HD] - EchoStar8 110W TP 19 ConUS beam changed to Available

Is there any additional Information being displayed on this channel? What is the purpose of it?

(i'm at work and can't check it)

And technically it is a MPEG2 SD channel with an HD flag so only the HD receivers will see it.
"This is a Special Event which is not available for purchase.... blah blah"

Note that it is on 110 and that it is mirrored on 468 in the PPV SPORTS channel range.

I'm surprised that no one has looked at the Channel numbers.

We have:

- A PPV Sports Order channel next to a new HD channel, which seems clearly to be a new PPV HD SPORTS channel.

- Two HD Channels between HD-News and Family-HD (both Voom)

- Two HD Channels next to History-HD

and all of these HD channels are on 129 and 61.5

So the implication is that these are mostly (or all) HD-only channels, rather than HD versions of SD channels.

Last edited:
In regards to adding programming in general....

I really wonder why Dish is still so secretive about future programming plans vs. DirecTv and my local cable company. The benefits of telling customers what is going on seem to far outweigh the negatives of having your competition know what you are going to do -- at least in my mind.

Also looking at the HDSKD data, this channel name isn't new. As far as I know the games for the RSN's are on these channels. When a game needs to come on they "point" the RSN assigned to that HDSKD video stream. When it is done they point the channel back to a slate.

Does this mean more RSN's? Not sure... more games coming up? Possibly...

Just noticed something in the guide that I son't remember seeing yesterday. It looks like they will be removing the mapping on the regional sports channels. It says to view FoxRM use channel 414. This is on the 364 channel. I know this is just a redirect but why would they be changing this now.

Any thoughts Digiblur?

Shawn

You may have answered this as I typed the question.

I really wonder why Dish is still so secretive about future programming plans vs. DirecTv and my local cable company.
Only two likely possibilities:
1 - A lack of completed, signed agreements with the channels, or
2 - Collecting together all new HD for one big marketing/PR event.

I think that 1 is the actual situation, but 2 also makes some sense. In other words, if they add one or two new HD channels, then people would say "Is that all? I'm going to switch to some other provider." Whereas if they wait and add 7 or 8 at once ("and more in a month or two when our new satellite comes online"), then it seems more impressive.

But the fact that the new February 1st HD packages did not have any new HD channels indicates that 1 is the most likely explanation.

In regards to adding programming in general....

I really wonder why Dish is still so secretive about future programming plans vs. DirecTv and my local cable company. The benefits of telling customers what is going on seem to far outweigh the negatives of having your competition know what you are going to do -- at least in my mind.

Here in Austin, Directv is running radio spots telling people they are getting "DISHED" by not getting their locals in HD. Maybe if Dish didnt release the list for cities for new locals in HD the marketing campain would be different.

I wish they would just tell us what is going on. I'm just a few weeks away from going to "the dark side". Yea, I know "Don't let the door....". They have my locals in HD, dish does not. They have many of the channels in hd I want that dish does not have. They have channels I want that dish does not, fox bus. and GodTV are 2 of them. Dish did announce my locals in HD, but not for a while and I am so tired of the "soon" junk. Give the dog a bone dish!

Although nothing is for certain, I think we can definitely agree that this is infinitely more exciting than the last several weeks of uplinks.

Although nothing is for certain, I think we can definitely agree that this is infinitely more exciting than the last several weeks of uplinks.
At first I thought you forgot the sarcasm smiley " :rolleyes: ".

Then I realized that we (the Dish faithful/trapped) are so desperate for new HD, that 5 HD Test uploads that aren't flat lined IS "infinitely more exciting than the last several weeks of uplinks" :eek:

Talon Dancer

Also looking at the HDSKD data, this channel name isn't new. As far as I know the games for the RSN's are on these channels. When a game needs to come on they "point" the RSN assigned to that HDSKD video stream. When it is done they point the channel back to a slate.

Does this mean more RSN's? Not sure... more games coming up? Possibly...

Most likely there will be four games on simultaneously thus the need for 4 RSN feeds. The only other non sports channels on that TP are A&E and MAXHD.

Hey digiblur are the Sci-fi and USA channels still flat-lines like slates or are they more exciting now like the other channels charts?