SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 02/16/2008

Same here on the jumping ship. I know alot of people are inpatiant...but E* will come up with more HD. It will be the E* and D* show for quite a while compared to what cable can offer. And not to mention...E* equipment blows the crud out of D*'s Not to mention, most people in my area require 2 dishes for D* in order to get HD. For me, I do not believe my landloard would allow that. I am sticking with E* and my 722 reciever. Which kicks butt :)

For a while I think I was privately very critical of the folks who find this all so important that they have to "jump ship". Then I realized how judgmental it was of me to think that way. That everyone is entitled to their own opinion and what's important to one may not be so important to another. It's not an E* vs D* thing with me. It's just.... what make ME happy. I don't care what anyone else does as far as their satellite preference any more than I think they should give a rat's patoot about what *I* do with mine.

The changes are interesting. Yes, I would have liked more HD today, but if I only had OTA then I wouldn't have what I have. (Just a different angle). I like watching this evolve and maybe being 55 has taken me out of that whole deal about instant gratification. :D

I think I enjoy the process as much as the result.

The PPV's are still there. Just updated the TheList if you want to look at it in full.

Lots of room for SD MPEG4 on a 8PSK transponder. Did you notice the channel added to 77w?

The PPV's are still there. Just updated the TheList if you want to look at it in full.

Lots of room for SD MPEG4 on a 8PSK transponder. Did you notice the channel added to 77w?

Is that QPSK for TP 1 at 77 W or 8PSK?

Maybe Dish is starting to test at 77 W for HD locals to be combined with 61.5 W using a modified D1000 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)