SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 08/11/2007

KWTV HD is now available in the Oklahoma City, OK DMA.

KWTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"KWTV, commonly referred to as "NEWS9" is the CBS affiliate in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma"

Poke should be happy as the completes the big 4 HD's for this DMA ;)
Now we need to agitate for KETA-DT (PBS). But this is a good thing. I'll still rely on OTA as my primary source, but it's good to have a backup.

Now we need to agitate for KETA-DT (PBS). But this is a good thing. I'll still rely on OTA as my primary source, but it's good to have a backup.

I dont think anyone has there PBSHD yet on dish. I know the chicago market is still waiting on WTTW-DT (pbs HD) and WCIU-DT, WPWR-DT, and WGN-DT. These are all channels that do HD in the chicago market. WPWR, does local programming. WCIU does bulls, cubs, and sox games. WGN does bulls, cubs, sox games as well as CW programming in HD. The other major 4 (CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX) are covered.

When I press info. for the Discovery hd channel it tells me the info for the program and says The Discovery channel will return to 9421 on Aug 15. Anyone got any information on tihs???

Nope, But I am seeing the same, guess they will have a Discovery HD, and a Discovery HD theater, a plus for us!

Nope, But I am seeing the same, guess they will have a Discovery HD, and a Discovery HD theater, a plus for us!

Yes, Discovery HD Theater and Discovery HD are two different line ups. Discovery HD will run a schedule side by side with Discovery SD.

Indeed, I wonder however, how much longer till HD Theater goes the way of other channels, and gets removed, as most of there content (not all, but most) , is usually on the other Discovery networks, which most will be in HD shortly.

Indeed, I wonder however, how much longer till HD Theater goes the way of other channels, and gets removed, as most of there content (not all, but most) , is usually on the other Discovery networks, which most will be in HD shortly.

I hope we never lose it. I like the fact that there are less commercials. You are right though. We will probably lose it or they will change the programs at some point. I think it is the best non-sport channel out there.

Let me be the first. Where's NESN?
:rolleyes:

It sounds like NESN will not be on E* anytime soon. First there was not enough HD content, now they have too much HD content. E* only wants to show the games and NESN wants the channel to be 24/7.

NESN is doing HD right and wants to distribute their channel that way. Can not blame them, they spent a lot of money and time to upgrade to HD.

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts