SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion- Week Ending 10/13/2007

Hmm, lots of more standard def testing on 148. It appears their new research project is putting combinations of different types of channels on one transponder. For example, mixing mpeg4 HD and mpeg4 SD channels on both QPSK and 8PSK transponders. Might have something to do with the "mpeg4 only" service that is to be launched in the future.

So why did you guys move the other posts to another thread and then move it to private. And just as I was going to post that you really are no different than the "other" site.

So why did you guys move the other posts to another thread and then move it to private. And just as I was going to post that you really are no different than the "other" site.

+1.

Especially without any other explanation other than "not having to sift through pages".

guys we took the disscussion to a private place to hash things out.. we felt that it wasnt fair to you all to have to go through our growing pains :) Everyone has growing pains.. This is the first time that we have had them though. Dont worry as its nothing that cant be worked through. So where is all of this hd echostar said they were going to launch?

Once again, don't forget that Dish Network gave out cups that say "Dish Network" and "The Weather Channel HD", so it is only a question of "when" on that one. I think the lack of real HD programming on TWC-HD at this time is probably the deciding factor in favor of waiting for awhile.

guys we took the disscussion to a private place to hash things out.. we felt that it wasnt fair to you all to have to go through our growing pains :) Everyone has growing pains.. This is the first time that we have had them though. Dont worry as its nothing that cant be worked through. So where is all of this hd echostar said they were going to launch?

So, have you done a channel by channel comparison to determine the differences?

Once again, don't forget that Dish Network gave out cups that say "Dish Network" and "The Weather Channel HD", so it is only a question of "when" on that one. I think the lack of real HD programming on TWC-HD at this time is probably the deciding factor in favor of waiting for awhile.

As a Dish subscriber and fan, I have to concede, this is a disappointment this week. The Weather Channel in HD does nothing for me. I expect some real channels added.

Thanks for the more complete explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)