SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion- Week Ending 10/13/2007

The Weather Channel in HD does nothing for me. I expect some real channels added.

:up

:eek:I can't believe people are asking about worthless "global warming" oriented NO channel. Isn't enough already weather subchannels and weather interruptions to the HD broadcasts? Will never watch TWC.

What we need are some real HD channels: USA, FX, etc., side premiums.

:up

:eek:I can't believe people are asking about worthless "global warming" oriented NO channel. Isn't enough already weather subchannels and weather interruptions to the HD broadcasts? Will never watch TWC.

What we need are some real HD channels: USA, FX, etc., side premiums.

People enjoy watching the live coverage during hurricane season!

I dunno, seemed to me that they could be doing some testing of channels on tp13 of sat 148, or I could be totally off the wall.

Most of the testing on 148 is standard def mpeg4 testing. Nothing on 148 at this time leads me to believe any new channels are coming soon.

I'm still holding out for the faint hope that somehow they will turn on the already uplinked FSN NY and MSG HD.

You know what is amazing about the regional sports networks? The fact that Dish blacks out things in my market on channels I get with things not blacked out on my cable system. I think they take a 'better safe than sorry' approach with their sports broadcasts, err on the side of caution so to speak by blacking it out when in doubt. Where as the cable company actually checks and blacks out only when they must.

I think someone said there's room for maybe 12 more channels, but much more if they start converting the HD LIL to MPEG4. Until then, Dish does have to be a bit more picky, but still, room for 12 channels and they can always eat into the HD PPV's. No additions at all is just bad.

Aren't the majority of HD LiLs on spot beams? If so that doesn't make much sense in terms of getting capacity for national HD.

Cheers,

Very little substance has been directed towards what ATT HD is there for. Is it too obvious to think that it might be there for a major announcement...like the sale of Dish to ATT and fanfare over what is coming up?

Maybe there are plans to add a splash of HD when the announcement is made.

Very little substance has been directed towards what ATT HD is there for. Is it too obvious to think that it might be there for a major announcement...like the sale of Dish to ATT and fanfare over what is coming up?

Maybe there are plans to add a splash of HD when the announcement is made.

Considering there is no proof that Dish and ATT are or have had serious talks of a sale...just speculation from some people is all, and a lot of armchair quarterbacking from some people here on this board.

I DVR'ed one minute of it just for grins and because I was curious how much bandwidth the HD slates use. The "move to external storage" tells me that dish logo and jazz music is 19MB per minute, if anybody cares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts