SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/08/2007

Come on E* atleast one HD channel....ONE!!! Forget about trying to catch up to D*.

I wonder in 6 months are we going to say" Come on Dish forget trying to catch up with Charter, Cablevision, CW, Comcast, etc......":D

I wonder in 6 months are we going to say" Come on Dish forget trying to catch up with Charter, Cablevision, CW, Comcast, etc......":D

Well Dish is not that far behind Direct adds some HD Channels and folks think Dish is done. Folks Dish will be fine just like everyone else will and as far as cable goes most of them are still behind Dish and Direct.

Got to tell you that Comcast in our area is not far behind Dish Network in HD if you remove the Voom channels. They're also offering our FSN in HD. :( They also have USA HD and Mojo HD.

Yeah well I think Dish will add more HD at some point in time like everyone else will.

yeah I have to say this little lull has give my time warner area a chance to improver their stuff, and I have to say with Tivo getting SDV stuff working here soon, its sad but this is a race again as Dish has blown their lead :(

Thanks for the uplink information. I am a new dish customer and would like to learn more about all of this. Can you please explain what the uplink data represennts or point me to a good source?

Yeah they might not have the lead but overtime everyone will have about the same amount of HD channels just like they do SD. So not to worried folks like to make mountains out of mole hills.

Guess what, last year we kept hoping we'd get a new channel for Christmas from good ol' St Charlie and we got NA DA, NOTHING, so I'm expecting the same in the stocking this year! Wtf Charlie!! :)

Thanks for the uplink information. I am a new dish customer and would like to learn more about all of this. Can you please explain what the uplink data represennts or point me to a good source?

The good source is Mr. digiblur.:)

Yeah they might not have the lead but overtime everyone will have about the same amount of HD channels just like they do SD. So not to worried folks like to make mountains out of mole hills.

I use to think that Poke, But now I dont believe that at all...I dont believe that Dish Directv, time warner Fios and att will all have the same HD channels, I Hope Dish can pull it together as HD is starting to take off and really matter as It has higher subscriber rates then ever, which means the HD focused companies are the ones pulling in the new subscribers and making the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)