SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/08/2007

Nothing was announced at the Charlie Chat which makes me think the launch of these two very much wanted channels might not exactly be imminent.

Usually the Charlie Chats are late with news anyways, they just announced tonight that the new HD was NBA HD etc, we already knew that, the next Charlie Chat will have USA HD and SCIfI HD featured on it, whenever that may be, but you can bet three quarters to a nickel that they will be late announcing it.

Well, at least we can all watch the final season of BSG...whenever scifi decides to air it...grrrrr.

Oh, and hopefully The 4400 gets renewed for next summer on USA.

If not, I have a whole stack of DVDs to go through during summer rerun season. :D

No, you are missing one BIG point:

Whenever E* has uplinked a channel for months and months without making it available, it has always been either not using bandiwidth and just been assigned a channel number (eg. Fox Sports Bay Area HD) or else it has been on a side satellite.

In this case, E* has cleared two HD channels' bandwidth in prime CONUS "real estate" on Dish500 (110 satellite).

They would not do that and then uplink two new HD channels, unless they planned to make those channels available soon.

My guess (no knowledge whatsoever) would be 5pm MST today or else this Wednesday.

So the mapdowns were removed :(
I know I'm a Pessimist, it's a personalty thing I can't get rid of. But many times I'm right on the money

Well, at least we can all watch the final season of BSG...whenever scifi decides to air it...grrrrr.

Oh, and hopefully The 4400 gets renewed for next summer on USA.

If not, I have a whole stack of DVDs to go through during summer rerun season. :D

Final season of BSG is not to due to be on until 1st part of 2008.

The good news is maybe we will lose some of the DISH subs that clutter up these forums with idle threats to leave if DISH doesn't add a channel. But alas I had to use the word "idle". :(

Uh oh - the thread is no longer stickied !

This means FOR SURE that there is going to be no more new HD channels ever again !

PS Be sure to throw salt over your left shoulder, too !

Uh oh - the thread is no longer stickied !

This means FOR SURE that there is going to be no more new HD channels ever again !

PS Be sure to throw salt over your left shoulder, too !

No, I have to make room for the thread that will have 50 new HD channels on it.

just kidding!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts