SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/08/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
D@mn I wish I wasn't such a Pessimist. I hope you are right, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this:eek:

No, you are missing one BIG point:

531 - HDPPV moved from EchoStar8 110W TP 17 ConUS beam to EchoStar5 129W TP 31 ConUS beam (A)
534 - HDPPV moved from EchoStar8 110W TP 17 ConUS beam to EchoStar5 129W TP 31 ConUS beam (A)

Whenever E* has uplinked a channel for months and months without making it available, it has always been either not using bandiwidth and just been assigned a channel number (eg. Fox Sports Bay Area HD) or else it has been on a side satellite.

In this case, E* has cleared two HD channels' bandwidth in prime CONUS "real estate" on Dish500 (110 satellite).

They would not do that and then uplink two new HD channels, unless they planned to make those channels available soon.

My guess (no knowledge whatsoever) would be 5pm MST today or else this Wednesday.

Yeah but they showed a BSG Marathon on SciFi Thanksgiving weekend in HD, last Friday they were SD...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think that you have to undergo a lobotomy to work at a TV channel.

I hope that USA-HD does not do anything similar.

Monk Christmas EP repeat on 12/18 (and for those who watch is Psych EP repeat on 12/15).

I guess SCIFI & USA deals fell through.. no HD for you.. 1 year! :)
Yea, well I'm feeling queasy about this as well, but to be fair......this is a removal of MAPDOWNS, not of the channels from the transponders (layman-speak). As well, this was reported on another site I believe on Saturday, so this isn't something that just happened (according to them).

=NLK=

I guess SCIFI & USA deals fell through.. no HD for you.. 1 year! :)

Universal CEO: " I hear that you mapped down our channels. Who told you to do that ? You're really in trouble now ! You better stop that right now ! "

Charlie : " What's mapped down mean ? "

Universal CEO: " I don't know - but you shouldn't do it !! "

Charlie : " Okay, we'll stop. Should we stop uplinking the channels ?"

Universal CEO: " I don't know what that is either, so I guess not. "

Charlie : " Okay. "

This is what JohnH, Juan, VinceT3 must be thinking was what caused the map downs to change. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get real, people.

Only the engineering department is concerned with whether or not there is a map down, it cannot possibly have anything to do with whether the channels will be available.

It's even possible that the technical problem involved map down and that is what they are working on...

Nothing was announced at the Charlie Chat which makes me think the launch of these two very much wanted channels might not exactly be imminent.

I got to the 2nd person when I called Charlie Chat. She told me more national hd was coming before the end of the year and just after the first of the year. Hope she is right.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)