SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/08/2007

Hopefully, one of them will be the ESPN alternative channel in HD. Really sucked having to watch a college football game in SD that I know was being broadcast in HD to other parts of the nation.

Maybe the picture looked stretched like randall said and looked to good to charlie and he wants it lowered for his customers.lol:D

I have it on somewhat lesser authority that there will actually be FOUR NEW HD ESPN channels next summer (News and U and perhaps Classic and a secret new flavor).

ESPN Classic in HD would be pretty close to pointless. Most all of the games they show are before HD broadcasts were ever implemented. ESPNU makes sense because they show games from the previous week, many of which are broadcast in HD. That I would welcome with open arms.

Hmm well looks like we might half to wait to see our Sci-Fi HD.

I'm going to record the new Xmas Monk Ep, but not watch it until:

- D* viewers verify that it was not shown in HD on USA-HD

OR

- USA-HD is turned on and the next one of the billion repeats comes around... and it will be closer to Christmas anyway...

UPDATE: here are the Monk Ep repeats:

12/09/07 87R Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa [10:00 pm ET/PT]
12/18/07 87R Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa [2:00 am ET/PT]
12/22/07 87R Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa [9:00 am ET/PT]
12/25/07 87R Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa [9:00 am ET/PT]
12/25/07 87R Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa [6:00 pm ET/PT]
12/26/07 87R Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa [2:00 am ET/PT]

and for those who watch Psych, here are the Psych Xmas Ep repeats:
12/15/07 25R Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy [6:00 pm ET/PT]
12/20/07 25R Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy [12:00 pm ET/PT]
12/21/07 25R Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy [1:00 am ET/PT]
12/24/07 25R Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy [1:00 am ET/PT]
12/25/07 25R Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy [6:00 am ET/PT]
12/26/07 25R Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy [1:00 am ET/PT]

ESPN Classic in HD would be pretty close to pointless. Most all of the games they show are before HD broadcasts were ever implemented. ESPNU makes sense because they show games from the previous week, many of which are broadcast in HD. That I would welcome with open arms.
ummgames were recorded on 35mm film.they could be "remastered" to HD..If the master is good quality the games would look awsome!!

ummgames were recorded on 35mm film.they could be "remastered" to HD..If the master is good quality the games would look awsome!!

That's a very good point - ESPN Classic is sounding better already.

For anyone who doesn't believe this, just find "Flipper" on Voom Family HD in your Guide. Even though it is from 1967, it looks like it was filmed with a top end HD camera in 2007. That's because the original 35mm elements were stored correctly, and 35mm film has more resolution than HD.

PS I see some indications that both the Monk and Psych episodes were indeed shown in HD, so those repeat schedules above should be relevant for E* subscribers.

That's a very good point - ESPN Classic is sounding better already.

For anyone who doesn't believe this, just find "Flipper" on Voom Family HD in your Guide. Even though it is from 1967, it looks like it was filmed with a top end HD camera in 2007. That's because the original 35mm elements were stored correctly, and 35mm film has more resolution than HD.

PS I see some indications that both the Monk and Psych episodes were indeed shown in HD, so those repeat schedules above should be relevant for E* subscribers.

Hogans Heroes is another olde that looks good remasterd.

UPLINK REPORT - CLICK HERE

It is still early, there should be more later.
Hey Digi ... for someone who is thoroughly under-educated about this stuff (that would be me) ... what exactly does it mean when FSN Bay Area HD has been allocated Dish channel #369 -- but it isn't available? Does that generally mean E is thinking about finally broadcasting this channel? Might they be actively working towards broadcasting this channel, with it becoming live in the next 30-90 days? Or will I be able to watch the Sharks in HD next week?

I read thru all 20 pages of this thread -- if the explanation was in there somewhere, I missed it.

Thanks for your response.

You didn't read all the posts here.
We are not in a school when a teacher ask you 'did you read the study book ?'.

And I can easily proof - it start from post#122.

Hey Digi ... for someone who is thoroughly under-educated about this stuff (that would be me) ... what exactly does it mean when FSN Bay Area HD has been allocated Dish channel #369 -- but it isn't available? Does that generally mean E is thinking about finally broadcasting this channel? Might they be actively working towards broadcasting this channel, with it becoming live in the next 30-90 days? Or will I be able to watch the Sharks in HD next week?

I read thru all 20 pages of this thread -- if the explanation was in there somewhere, I missed it.

FYI, FSN Bay Area HD has been uplinked for more than a year now and it is still not available. Other FSN HD have become available since they were uplinked a year ago except for FSN Bay Area HD. Who knows when it will be available.

If you want to see the Sharks in HD, you'll need Comcast or Directv. :(

FYI, FSN Bay Area HD has been uplinked for more than a year now and it is still not available. Other FSN HD have become available since they were uplinked a year ago except for FSN Bay Area HD. Who knows when it will be available.

If you want to see the Sharks in HD, you'll need Comcast or Directv. :(

And add to that there are the NYC area folks still waiting for MSG and FSNY in HD for over a year as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)