SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/02/2007

What does this mean? This is my local CBS Station in Hartford CT

14172 - WFSB2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 04(MA,VT,PA,NY) (Not Available)

What does this mean? This is my local CBS Station in Hartford CT

14172 - WFSB2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 04(MA,VT,PA,NY) (Not Available)

It means the EPG info for that sub-channel is available on qualifying receivers that can receive the sub-channel OTA(Over-The-Air).

LOL...thanks but that still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Not to sure I understand what a SUB channel is.

Digital stations have the ability to have more than one signal on the digital channel. These are called sub-channels.

The digital sub-channel contains the signal of WHSM-LP CBS from Springfield, MA.

OK...that makes sense...now my next question...As I stated WFSB is a Hartford CT station...by looking at this if I am looking at it right it says it will be available for MA VT PA NY...how can that be and why no CT if this is a CT station...(sorry if these are stupid questions...I am somewhat new to all of this)

WFSB runs WHSM in Springfield, in fact the signal for it comes from WFSB's Digital 33-2 sub channel, which is then picked up in springfield and rebroadcasts on channel 67 as a low power station (however on all the Springfield Cable Systems it is aired on channel 3, therefore they call it CBS 3 Springfield.

"As I stated WFSB is a Hartford CT station...by looking at this if I am looking at it right it says it will be available for MA VT PA NY...how can that be and why no CT if this is a CT station...(sorry if these are stupid questions...I am somewhat new to all of this)"

I know not where you got that info, but if you can receive the digial channel 33.1 and 33.2, you are receiving it. :)

OK...that makes sense...now my next question...As I stated WFSB is a Hartford CT station...by looking at this if I am looking at it right it says it will be available for MA VT PA NY...how can that be and why no CT if this is a CT station...(sorry if these are stupid questions...I am somewhat new to all of this)

That spotbeam covers those states.

I see the problem...

And some of the Hartford Channels are in there...

14172 - WFSB2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 04(MA,VT,PA,NY) (Not Available) (This is actually WHSM-LP) And they are missing WFSB3 which is Eyewitness News Now a 24 hour news / weather service) But why is this not available in CT since its a Connecticut station)

14553 - WTNH2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 04(MA,VT,PA,NY) (Not Available) (This is also a Connecticut Station, out of New Haven... Its Connecticuts ABC Station, this channel is a live dopler radar. I think Digiblurs Spotbeam tables are a bit off)

14732 - WVIT2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 04(MA,VT,PA,NY) (Not Available) (This is the Hartford NBC Stations "Weather Plus" channel)

15042 - WTXX2 [EPG] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Northeast beam (Not Available) (This subchannel shows "The Tube" music videos 24 /7 WTXX is a CW affiliate)

They are missing WUVN 46-1 46 -2. 46-1 is Univision, and 46-2 is Telemundo)

I do not beleive that any other station in CT has sub channels at this time.

OK...now this is starting to make a little sense...

I have heard about EWNN
Weather Plus
and all that....

Now when they become available I should be able to watch these on my DISH?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)