SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/02/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
14054 - KAWB1 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14055 - KAWB3 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14056 - KAWB4 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14057 - KAWB6 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14058 - KAWB5 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14060 - KTCA2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14061 - KTCI1 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14062 - KTCI3 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14063 - KTCI4 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)
14064 - KTCI5 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 28(MN) (Not Available)

:up

Thanks Dish!

For Louisville... Same errors as before.

WHAS2 does not exist. They dropped this subchannel.

WAVE2 missing. Should be NBC Weather Plus
WAVE3 says Weather Plus - should be THETUBE.

OK...now this is starting to make a little sense...

I have heard about EWNN
Weather Plus
and all that....

Now when they become available I should be able to watch these on my DISH?

Okay, let's start from the very beginning here. :)

Some local digital channels are broadcasting more than one program at a time. For example locally here in Cincinnati, the digital version of channel 12 has channel 12.1 which is the main CBS channel and channel 12,2 which carries the CW. They call that channel the CinCW. So the CinCW is a sub-channel.

---that explains sub-channels. The next paragreaph has nothing to do with the paragraph above---

With Dish Network HD receivers like the 211 and 622, you can hook up an over the air antenna and receive local HD channels using the built-in ATSC (digital TV) tuner in the receiver. The receiver will scan in all the local channels and sub-channels. If the receiver is not subscribed to local channels via Dish Network for whatever reason, these channels show "Digital Service" when you press "info" or look at the electronic program guide (EPG).

When a Dish Network cutomer chooses to subscribe to local channels through Dish Network, you the digital channel information for the MAIN channels is automatically populated in the EPG if it is the same as the info on the channels coming over satellite.

For example, a 622 receiver with an antenna but no subscription to locals in the Cinci area, channel 12.1 and 12.2 would show Digital Service.
With a subscription to local channels 12.1 would show the CBS local info on the EPG but channel 12.2 would show "Digital Service".

However even with a local subscription the local PBS channel 48.1 does not show the same programming as the analog channel 48 does. So the EPG info on 48 via dish is there. But the info for 48.1 off the air says "Digital Service" on the EPG.

But a couple of weeks ago Dish added the sub-channel info for most channels in the Cincinnati Area (TBN 43 was not one of them with 5 sub-channels) so now the CinCW 12.2 sub-channel and PBS HD 48.1 info. Have electronic program guide info.

Why the big deal? DVR timers are soooooo much easier to set up.

Hope this helps a little.

See ya
Tony

That helps a great deal...THANK YOU...I just wish I didn't need an OTA antenna to watch these sub channels...

Thank you again.

Hey Digiblur...

Whats this?

9996 - ECC EchoStar2 148W TP 26 ConUS beam changed from MPEG2 SD to TV (A)
9996 - ECC Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam changed from MPEG2 SD to TV (A)

What does SD to TV mean?

Hey Digiblur...

Whats this?

9996 - ECC EchoStar2 148W TP 26 ConUS beam changed from MPEG2 SD to TV (A)
9996 - ECC Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam changed from MPEG2 SD to TV (A)

What does SD to TV mean?

Changed data types. I removed them already due to questions like this ;)

In the Lincoln, Nebraska DMA they added:

KOLN2 (cbs)
KUON1 (pbs)
KUON2 (pbs)
KUON3 (pbs)
KUON5 (pbs)

Why do you guys think KOLN2 works, but none of the KUON's do? Would it have to do with the fact that when the KUON channels are added in the "Scan Locals" setup area they actually show up as "NET-1", "NET-2", etc, not "KUON1", "KUON2", etc? Any thoughts?

% Omaha and Lincoln DMA

I cant believe this, I emailed BOTH Dish and Nebraska PBS that last time they tried uplinking the OTA Guide data many months ago.

They just do not get it, the PSPID or what ever its called DOES NOT always go by the call letters like all the other channels for this MARKET! The just send NET-1 2 3 or 5 in there data stream.

SAME PROBLEM FOR IOWA PBS, except dish calls the Analog channel 32 KDIN when in fact its KBIN so the OTA digital mapping is wrong as its KBIN and not KDIN.

Anyone know a better email address to report these table mapping issues or does Dish watch these threads?

Any ideas on what we should?

14416 - KUON1 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 29 (Not Available)
14417 - KUON2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 29 (Not Available)
14418 - KUON3 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 29 (Not Available)
14419 - KUON5 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 29 (Not Available)

15146 - KDIN2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 24(KS,MN,IA,OH,NE) (Not Available)

xxxx - KDIN1 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 24(KS,MN,IA,OH,NE) (Not Available)

GREAT...Indianapolis OTA epg guides are ON! Since E* won't give us local HD channels, and i put up an antenna a year ago, it's nice to see something in the OTA guide besides "digital service" (and the ole lady won't complain about not knowing whats on!)

A question for those of you who have subchannel guide info now. Is there anything there? They put up my subchannel info yesterday, so I checked the guide last night and it changed from "Digital Service" to "No Info" on all of the channels.

woohoo, Harrisburg was added :up
Missing the WHP-My subchannel (My 21.2) though, but I never watched it anyway.

I still wish they'd put data in for MPT's satellite stations, so my kids can see what MPT-Kids has on.

A question for those of you who have subchannel guide info now. Is there anything there? They put up my subchannel info yesterday, so I checked the guide last night and it changed from "Digital Service" to "No Info" on all of the channels.

Mine said that too. Thats how i knew something had changed. I just hit the guide button on the remote, then hit the skip fwd button and had the program guide info update. When it finished updating the guide, all the OTA listings was there! Hope this helps.

If it says "No Info", that means the local station doesn't provide programming data to Tribune, who in turn provides it to Dish. There's NOTHING Dish can do in cases like this. Ask others in your area who have a normal digital set-top that receives PSIP data to see if it's populated or if it also says "No Info" or something similar. If so, call the station and complain.

Mine said that too. Thats how i knew something had changed. I just hit the guide button on the remote, then hit the skip fwd button and had the program guide info update. When it finished updating the guide, all the OTA listings was there! Hope this helps.

My 622 updated the guide info quickly, but my 211 on the other hand. . . I have to manually update the guide everyday because for some reason I don't believe it updates at 2:00am like I have it set for. Anyway, it showed "No Info Available" but after I did the manual update they were populated appropriately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)