SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/23/2007

They are going to have to...

Some company is going to do it and to stay competitive they are all going to have to do it.

True. Its like when one cell provider announces the next best plan, the rest all come up with their own version to keep up.

Problem is, Comcast already claims they dont compress anything. How true that is, I dont know.

They are going to have to...

Some company is going to do it and to stay competitive they are all going to have to do it.

This is where Verizon Fios may help us all. By most accounts their picture quality rocks. If they can get through the start-up growing pains and get the kind of coverage they are aiming for, they will force everybody to improve the quality across the board.

Problem is, Comcast already claims they dont compress anything. How true that is, I dont know.
When and where did they claim that? The only thing that Comcast doesn't tinker with in my market is some of their remaining analog channels. Some of the digital channels are reduced to VHS resolution.

This is where Verizon Fios may help us all. By most accounts their picture quality rocks. If they can get through the start-up growing pains and get the kind of coverage they are aiming for, they will force everybody to improve the quality across the board.
They need to expand well beyond 500,000 TV customers in 16 states to make any kind of serious impact on the marketplace.

When and where did they claim that? The only thing that Comcast doesn't tinker with in my market is some of their remaining analog channels. Some of the digital channels are reduced to VHS resolution.

The local Comcast rep on our AVS Local OTA thread stated that they send us exactly what they get, the discussion was over how bad ESPN looked last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)