Satelliteguys.us unavailable from certain networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
As of about 4PM last night, I could no longer access Satelliteguys.us from home. The timeout error message was something about the server connection being reset.

So now it's Monday morning and I'm here at work. One of our most important networks here shows the same thing, except (on FF) the spinning circle just spins and spins. But on a second less important network (for researchers) it works fine.

Does anybody have an explanation for this bizarre/spotty accessibility? Note that I'm not having this issue with any other website, and all three networks would present SG with a different originating IP address.

Huh. And since I posted the above, SG went away for nearly 30 minutes from this network as well. Now it's back.

I let IE, FF, and Chrome alone to see what the timeout message is. FF on the network that was working, quit working, and started working again, just said "server timeout" when it wasn't working. IE, Chrome, and FF all say "Internal error - server connection terminated" on our most important network at work.

Scott, whose backbone are you referring to?

I am now frozen out from both my networks at work and posting this from my cell phone. :crying

My traceroute run from both home and work end at GTT.net.

My main work network computer is now giving me a redirect page from the Securi Website Firewall - CloudProxy. There are some further details there, but one thing that looks like a problem is "domain name not configured".

My main work network computer is now giving me a redirect page from the Securi Website Firewall - CloudProxy. There are some further details there, but one thing that looks like a problem is "domain name not configured".

I was getting this message a while ago. It finally went away and let me back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)