SatGuys Fantasy Baseball

Yea, I have won 3 in a row and leading this week coming into today. I need to win out to even have a shot. Too ittle too late???? We will see.

Week 21 is in the books for the Sat Guys League......with one week to go!

My team (Duxbury Kelly's 14-6-1) and Murieta Mashers (12-6-3) have clinched a spot in the playoffs. Big Red Dodgers (12-8-1) looks to also be in.

That leaves Bronx Embalmers (11-8-2) and HD MM's Ninjas (10-7-4) fighting for the last playoff spot. And wouldn't you know, those two teams are facing each other in week 22!

Good luck to all three teams in the final week! :)

I finished the regular season in first place with a record of 15-6-1. :)

The semifinals will be Bronx Embalmers against my team, and Murieta Mashers vs. Big Red Dodgers.

The semifinal matchups last two weeks, and then the winners will meet for the Sat Guys Championship (that will also be a two week matchup). Best of luck to the other teams! :D

I had the third worst record (7-12-2) and scored the fewest runs in the league!

I'm not good at this- after all, I made a lopsided trade with Bill that sunk my season.

10-8-4 for me. I had great pitching, but not quite enough hitting. It's been fun! Hopefully we can do it again next year. Good luck to the final four in the playoffs!

I got hot too late..Won like 8 of my last 10 match ups..Not a single tie, and the only team not to get a tie all season, that probably cost me..Offense killed me most of the season until the last few weeks..Ill definately be back next season, good luck to the playoff teams..

One last thing next year please open the option to daily run your roster..

I got hot too late..Won like 8 of my last 10 match ups..Not a single tie, and the only team not to get a tie all season, that probably cost me..Offense killed me most of the season until the last few weeks.

Your team CRUSHED my team in both our matchups: 10-2 and 7-2-3. :eek:

In fact, I had two 3 week stretches (weeks 4-6 and 15-17) that my team struggled. I was dominated in both my matchups with you and HD MM's Ninjas (losing 9-2-1 and 8-2-2 :eek:). In between both, I lost to Brielle's Bombers 6-4-2, but beat them in the rematch (barely) 6-5-1.

So in those pair of three week stretches my team went 1-5-0. The rest of the season my team went 14-1-1.

Well, I'm sure my team made a great punching bag for the rest of the league.

This was my first foray into fantasy baseball, and it went badly- third-worst record, made a bad trade with Bill that helped him and hurt me, Hamilton was hurt, etc.

Well, I'm sure my team made a great punching bag for the rest of the league.

This was my first foray into fantasy baseball, and it went badly- third-worst record, made a bad trade with Bill that helped him and hurt me, Hamilton was hurt, etc.

While I would make that trade again in a heartbeat, it didn't exactly turn out to be the slam duck that I expected. Buerhle (other than the perfect game) has been mezza mezza, Haren has struggled lately, and Konerko has been trick-or treat. Of the players you traded me, only Jon Lester has been consistent.

OTOH, my offense didn't miss a beat even after trading you Helton, Lowell and Blalock. I lucked out with some of the players I picked up on waivers (Matsui, Napoli, Burrell), and having guys like Hanley Ramirez and Joe Mauer didn't hurt either. ;)

I like the 2-week format. I'm in a league that's one week for each round. You run into a slump for some guys or an occasional bad outing for a pitcher and you die. Best of luck to the other Final Three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts