Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
We have been receiving numerous calls from viewers stating that there is no color on one channel of their satellite system: satellite AMC4 KU, TP 12.020GHz, LLBN

This problem cannot be resolved by restart, factory reset, rescan, etc. It is occurring on several different brands and models of receivers.

We would like to ask SatelliteGuys members to view this channel and report if they are receiving this channel in color and if not, what receiver and firmware version. If anyone could assist by viewing the signal with test equipment and lend any suggestions of technical issues that could cause this problem. We have studied the signal and can not identify any major problems with signal integrity.

Thank you for your assistance as we try to determine the extent and cause of the problem.

I'm getting Color on my Pansat 3500s with a Fortec 1.2m dish and an Invacom QPH031 lnbf. Maybe not the best Color I've ever seen, but it is in Color. Video is probably old, it's showing Elephants in the Wilderness and playing Music, with 2 LLBN Logo's on the screen, one is Blue and one is White.

Edit:
Pansat 3500s
API ver: 1.10N
Boot ver: 7.0
Aug. 26. 2005
One second please.

Last edited:
Coolsat 5000
Version 1.00
working fine...just letting us known LLBN is a non profit 503a foundation
This is on the motorized (76cm and Sadoun .4 dual)

Also working on the Viacast 2000
stock software (no way to upgrade it) :)

Just snagged it with the Qualitv, not something I would usually use the Qualitv for, but the Choir singing looks good in Color and sounds good too. From the same 1.2m Fortec dish and Invacom QPH031 lnbf, listed above.

I'm getting it just fine on my Merc II, with 90cm Fortecstar and Invacom lnbf. Merc shows 75% quality, which is "booming" for a linear tp. Video and audio are great.
The only times I've ever had color channels lose their color was problems with the svideo connector working its way out. How the problem would be a single channel is so far a mystery to me.

:)

Coolsat 5000
Version 1.01

96% Signal 87% Quality on my 7 1/2 ft c/ku band dish
video is in color no problem

The only times I've ever had color channels lose their color was problems with the svideo connector working its way out. How the problem would be a single channel is so far a mystery to me.

same for me or once i hooked up component rca output (Y,Pb,Pr) to regular component input (yellow [video] red & white [audio] ) and it flaked up the colors. lol lol

me 3

Took the Viewsat 30seconds to lock on it (low SR, manual entry) but it looks fine here , color like disney

Ok here on a Visonsat IV200 with latest factory firmware and a SkyStar 2 with Tsreader. Didn't try it on the DB500 as it is set up for radio only on 97W but am sure it would be ok also.

todd

12020/H/2034 comes in fine on my fortec mercury II but the signal is super super low, maybe its due to my higher lat I dont know.

genpix skywalker-1 wont lock, spectrum analyzer wont lock, using baseband output on analog ird barley can I read the symbol rate.

Brian,

The picture looks good here. Colors are fine.

Topfield TF3000fi

Thanks for the replies. We don't know what to make of this as it has only been reported for a few weeks and it isn't happening on our test receivers.

Some of LLBN's playback originates off of SVHS sources and we are speculating if the timebase correction may be causing some issues with specific TVs rather than a problem with receivers .....

Status
Please reply by conversation.