G10 channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

november

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
First thanks for helping me a few months ago get my first FTA going. I have a Merc II with fortec 80 fixed dish and Invacom SNH_031. I only recieve the top 16 channels in The List. What do I need to do to get the other channels?
I had a very hard time hitting G10 but it was my fault - turning the LNBF the RIGHT way helped :) I will try to get the other channels this weekend. The system in at the inlaws, was an xmas gift ( they are 60 miles from any town). I think I need a bigger dish, plus I would like to add a motor now that I'm not so scared :)
Thanks

You'll find that a 90cm dish is reasonably priced and a substantially better performer than the 80cm dish. Pair it with a SG-2100 and you'll have an inexpensive , but flexible combination. Good luck.
:)
Brent

what part of the US are you located?

I have a 76cm dish and works great on all the G10 stuff.

Try and tweak a little bit (skew the LNB a little more) or move the dish a little bit. a nudge (like leaning into the dish) might make a difference. Since you are on G10 try and fine tune

I think you are right about the skew. The setup is in Shorterville, Al. I am in Huntsville. I am going down there Saturday for a wedding and will play with the setup. I hope to order a motorized system for myself when I get back. I really want the 120 or 100 dish (man thing I guess). It was much easier to hit G10R when I set it up here in Huntsville and I have no idea why, there is nothing blocking it where it is setup now.

Can I really get any C band with a 6' dish?
I want C band really bad for football and hobby scanning. FTA should come with a warning - This is worse than ever-crack (everquest).

A fellow Bamian! I'm about 60mi south of you. Try tweaking the skew on the weaker channels, then the elevation, east/west a bit next time you're there. If there's no trees blocking G10 you should be getting everything, I do.

A fellow Bamian! I'm about 60mi south of you. Try tweaking the skew on the weaker channels, then the elevation, east/west a bit next time you're there. If there's no trees blocking G10 you should be getting everything, I do.

Thanks I will, when I installed it here in Huntsville I received more channels. Cant wait to play with it and then order a setup for me.

Are there several radio stations broadcasting in AC3 on G10? With my Mercury II I get KEXP at 11805/H/4580 but even though the receiver found about 9 other radio stations I can't receive them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts