WTEN RTN Albany,NY !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I just found a pleasant surprise. My local ABC affiliate has a new RTN test DT channel. :)

Attachments

• Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 251
I'm curious what satellite they are using to uplink. I just scanned G10 and didn't find anything new there. Tomorrow I'll try C band on G3C. Here's another screenshot.

Attachments

• Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 202
I'm curious what satellite they are using to uplink. I just scanned G10 and didn't find anything new there. Tomorrow I'll try C band on G3C. Here's another screenshot.

It's on Galaxy 26 Cband. They are using DVB-S2.

Last night they changed the to the typical RTN splash screen. It also has WCDC-LP RTN listed from Adams Mass. It is on UHF channel 19 from MA. I'm glad to finally have OTA sources for the RTN channels.

Excellent! More RTN is ALWAYS a welcome thing! I wonder if these will show up on G-10R... Probably not, as those transponders are pretty much filled up :(

damn I wish someone in Minneapolis would team up with them here.....but 3 of the big 4 stations here are owned by big conglomerates (CBS by Viacom, Fox by Fox and NBC by Gannett)

Best fit would be the independent station we have here (KSTC 45 which is co-owned wuith ABC by Hubbard Broadcasting....yes the ghuy who started USSB for you early DirecTV people) :)

KSTC 45 has older shows but some of the syndicated stuff they show is the same on RTN (Cheers for example) but damn that would be a perfect fit...
45-1 the newer syndicated shows
45-2 RTN

ahh I can dream I guess

damn I wish someone in Minneapolis would team up with them here.....but 3 of the big 4 stations here are owned by big conglomerates (CBS by Viacom, Fox by Fox and NBC by Gannett)

Best fit would be the independent station we have here (KSTC 45 which is co-owned wuith ABC by Hubbard Broadcasting....yes the ghuy who started USSB for you early DirecTV people) :)

KSTC 45 has older shows but some of the syndicated stuff they show is the same on RTN (Cheers for example) but damn that would be a perfect fit...
45-1 the newer syndicated shows
45-2 RTN

ahh I can dream I guess
It was quite a surprise when I read about RTN partnering with WSB. I heard this shortly after installing my G10R dish, so I knew RTN had some good stuff on. :) Those subsidized ATSC converter boxes will be put to good use here. :D I hope ya'll get an RTN affiliate soon!

In Atlanta ABC is owned by Cox, Fox by Fox, NBC by Gannett and CBS by Meredith Corp. We also have Peachtree TV which used to show the local feed of TBS here in Atlanta, which is owned by Turner/Time Warner.

G10R + OTA = Free TV Heaven :D

I am hoping that Albuquerque TV market would be next on the list for RTN!!:hungry:

From what I heard they plan to add a well over 100 TV markets this year!!!:eek::up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)