OTHER Satlink Warranty

Samoaga

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Vaitogi, American Samoa
In 2016 I bought a SatLink 6980 spectrum analyzer through an eBay seller Bamboo Technology. It was advertised for both satellite and terrestrial but after receiving it I realized that it was set up for European satellite signals and not the US. I complained and they said they would change their advertising and gave me a small discount. It did give me a spectrum display of the frequency I often need to access although it would not tune it in. The unit was useful for about 6 months and started developing operational glitches. I lived with it for a while until there were more glitches than display and decided to get it repaired under warranty. I gave a detailed account of the problems but the seller would do nothing until I sent photos. photos which proved nothing. When you take a photo of a screen which does not have on it was is supposed to be on it one has to use a verbal description. It cost me $60 to return to China. They kept telling me to be patient when I tried expediting and 3 months later sent me a tracking number for the return. Initially the tracking told me that it was in transit but after another 3 months the unit had not been received and the tracking number became useless. I threatened Bamboo Technology that I would bring the matter to Satellite Guys if they could give me no positive results. They didn't so I did. I have been using a Satlink WS 6933 to line up dishes and except for once when I had to take apart the on/off switch because it would not turn on, it has functioned reliably, I really need a spectrum analyzer with a terrestrial function but have been reluctant to buy another one hoping that Spectrum Technology or SatLink will face their responsibly and replace the unreturned unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)