Satlink WS-6906 problems among others.

I'm confused.. I have a Invacom Quad QPH-031, 2 Linear& Polar Outputs

I checked online and I think it shows the settings for Ku are:

Hook to "L"
Type: Standard
Lo = 10.75 GHz, High = 11.25 GHz
So I assume I put the Lo value in Freq1 and the High value in Freq2 in my satellite finder?
Is this correct??

Also,
What if I was using it for DSS
Would the settings be the same as above except hooking it up to "C" ??

I'm confused.. I have a Invacom Quad QPH-031, 2 Linear& Polar Outputs

I checked online and I think it shows the settings for Ku are:

Hook to "L"
Type: Standard
Lo = 10.75 GHz, High = 11.25 GHz
So I assume I put the Lo value in Freq1 and the High value in Freq2 in my satellite finder?
Is this correct??

Also,
What if I was using it for DSS
Would the settings be the same as above except hooking it up to "C" ??
Been a long time since I used one but my understanding is if you hook up to one of the FTA ports (ku standard) the setting for the lo is 10.75 GHz and if you hook up to one of the circular ports the lo is 11.25 GHz. So in your meter if scanning for regular ku FTA you would just need to set it for 10.75 GHz (same on both Freq 1 and Freq 2 if the meter requires both to be entered). You would only need 11.25 GHz lo if scanning for circular (which there is next to none available itc anymore). :)

Last edited:
Been a long time since I used one but my understanding is if you hook up to one of the FTA ports (ku standard) the setting for the lo is 10.75 GHz and if you hook up to one of the circular ports the lo is 11.25 GHz. So in your meter if scanning for regular ku FTA you would just need to set it for 10.75 GHz (same on both Freq 1 and Freq 2 if the meter requires both to be entered). You would only need 11.25 GHz lo if scanning for circular (which there is next to none available anymore). :)

Thank You! I went outside and set it up. When I chose "Standard" it only allowed me to enter the 10750. I had thought it would want two frequencies as when I chose "Universal" so I think your memory is quite good! Thanks again, I should have tried it first.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Made some progress on the bamboo. Doesn't look like much, but probably 20 trees removed. About a dozen more to go.

20200104_165839.jpg

After setting up the Invacom Quad QPH-031 I got a few channels. Look at the picture below. It is pretty obvious what I need to do, but it's raining. (The dish is pointing at SES 3 at 103.0°W instead of Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W ) I need to turn the dish a little to the east and slightly raise the elevation.

20200104_175200.jpg

Reactions: raydio and FTA4PA
Made some progress on the bamboo. Doesn't look like much, but probably 20 trees removed. About a dozen more to go.

View attachment 142643

After setting up the Invacom Quad QPH-031 I got a few channels. Look at the picture below. It is pretty obvious what I need to do, but it's raining. (The dish is pointing at SES 3 at 103.0°W instead of Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W ) I need to turn the dish a little to the east and slightly raise the elevation.

View attachment 142644
Good to hear! :)

Reactions: raydio
Everything is pretty much back to normal, although I am not getting as many channels on Galaxy 19 as I did before. This is confusing. With my old LNBF blocked by trees, I was pulling in over 200. Now after clearing the trees, the channel count is around 160. Maybe just a more sensitive LNBF? Or maybe the LNBF that I am using (Invacom QPH-031) is the reason. No big deal though, as my wife can watch all her Thai channels again.

Like I had mentioned I haven't been into FTA for a while. I am using a Pansat 9500 receiver, which at the time was highly rated. I tried to update the satellite list, but can find no support. Currently the only satellite that I am interested in is Galaxy 19, but this may change in the future. I plan on retiring soon and might set up a multi satellite system as a cost cutting measure, being able to cancel my Dish Network. Of course this will require some more clear horizon. Will my old receiver work if I choose to do this, or should a spring for a new one?

Everything is pretty much back to normal, although I am not getting as many channels on Galaxy 19 as I did before. This is confusing. With my old LNBF blocked by trees, I was pulling in over 200. Now after clearing the trees, the channel count is around 160. Maybe just a more sensitive LNBF? Or maybe the LNBF that I am using (Invacom QPH-031) is the reason. No big deal though, as my wife can watch all her Thai channels again.

Like I had mentioned I haven't been into FTA for a while. I am using a Pansat 9500 receiver, which at the time was highly rated. I tried to update the satellite list, but can find no support. Currently the only satellite that I am interested in is Galaxy 19, but this may change in the future. I plan on retiring soon and might set up a multi satellite system as a cost cutting measure, being able to cancel my Dish Network. Of course this will require some more clear horizon. Will my old receiver work if I choose to do this, or should a spring for a new one?
Looking over the specs from a manual here at Satellite Guys (https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/attachments/pansat_9500hdx_manual_20110810_grey-pdf.99247/) it appears that receiver while being DVB-S and DVB-S2 capable does not support H.264 or H.265 standards. It will still get a lot of what is out there but you may consider upgrading if you intend to look at other sats besides 97w.

Two good choices are:

The Amiko HD265, an excellent basic receiver. Simple to use. You can get one here.

www.ebay.com

Amiko Mini HD265 FTA Receiver DVB-S2 H.265 HEVC With NTP 5999883023525 | eBay
HEVC decoding support. Tuner & Demodulation. Tuner Type: DVB-S / DVB-S2. Program and Channel information transfer from receiver to receiver. 6000 channels (TV and Radio) programmable. Transport Stream: MPEG-2, H.264,H.265.

Also available is the Edision OS MIO 4K and + model (dual tuner). A much higher learning curve but 4K capable (not much 4K yet but you will be ready) and able to do lots of other things. You can get one here.

Edision OS Mio

Edision OS Mio+

Reactions: Doorguru and raydio
Thanks! I'm looking at the Edision OS MIO 4K now. Wow! A lot of features and yes a large learning curve. More features than I need, but it's nice to have the expansion capabilities. It will definitely provide me with plenty of entertainment all for the cost of 2 months of Dish Network. I think I will go for it. I currently don't have a smart TV so the WiFi feature is a plus.

DONE!! Dual Tuner Model

Doorguru, on 97W I scan in about 159 TV channels. So your 160 channels may be fine. When you scanned in 200, I'm wondering:
1) Are there duplicate channels? Sometimes channels can get re-scanned with slightly different frequency or symbol rate. The receiver thinks they are different channels.

On a good weather day when signal is strong, delete all transponders on 97W then blind scan.

2) Is it possible you are also picking up the very strong transponder from 99W at the same time? It is on 11800 and contains JBS and many scrambled Russian channels. With my offset LNB, I pickup both 97W and this strong tp from 99W without moving my dish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Doorguru, on 97W I scan in about 159 TV channels. So your 160 channels may be fine. When you scanned in 200, I'm wondering:
1) Are there duplicate channels? Sometimes channels can get re-scanned with slightly different frequency or symbol rate. The receiver thinks they are different channels.

On a good weather day when signal is strong, delete all transponders on 97W then blind scan.

2) Is it possible you are also picking up the very strong transponder from 99W at the same time? It is on 11800 and contains JBS and many scrambled Russian channels. With my offset LNB, I pickup both 97W and this strong tp from 99W without moving my dish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks! I never thought of that! Just because I detected that many channels, doesn't mean that I can view them. Happy to hear that 160 channels is about right for Galaxy 19. Just cut down 10 more bamboo trees anyway. Who knows? I might get motivated and clear the horizon for my 12' dish!

Just for curiosity, I again tried all three of the LNBF's that I have.

Original unknown, old one: I guess I ruined it with the WD-40- No signal.It's quite possible that I didn't have it set up properly though. I should have tried different settings, although I did try both of the settings below.

Fortec Star Model FSKU-V, Universal, LO 9750/10600. As recommended I used 12152 H 20000 to align the dish. Tweaked the dish including the skew. After a blind scan, I was able to receive about 60 channels. Maybe this LNBF is weak or just a poor product (?)

Invacom Quad QPH-031 (Shown in my avatar), Standard, LO 10750. I really didn't want to use this large and heavy quad LNBF, because my plastic Channel Master LNB holder is broke and held together with super glue. A replacement is quite pricey. I left the dish as it was, but adjusted the skew. After a blind scan I ended up with about 220 channels. Initially it showed under 200 channels, but it added on some HD channels, all viewable. Signal strength on most transponders is 92%. Quite pleased. I don't think it can get any better with my setup!

Thanks everyone for your patience and help.

Just for curiosity, I again tried all three of the LNBF's that I have.

Original unknown, old one: I guess I ruined it with the WD-40- No signal.It's quite possible that I didn't have it set up properly though. I should have tried different settings, although I did try both of the settings below.

Fortec Star Model FSKU-V, Universal, LO 9750/10600. As recommended I used 12152 H 20000 to align the dish. Tweaked the dish including the skew. After a blind scan, I was able to receive about 60 channels. Maybe this LNBF is weak or just a poor product (?)

Invacom Quad QPH-031 (Shown in my avatar), Standard, LO 10750. I really didn't want to use this large and heavy quad LNBF, because my plastic Channel Master LNB holder is broke and held together with super glue. A replacement is quite pricey. I left the dish as it was, but adjusted the skew. After a blind scan I ended up with about 220 channels. Initially it showed under 200 channels, but it added on some HD channels, all viewable. Signal strength on most transponders is 92%. Quite pleased. I don't think it can get any better with my setup!

Thanks everyone for your patience and help.
Excellent! :D

Reactions: raydio and Doorguru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)