satmex 5 116w with 6 footer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
what can i get with a 6 footer i mostly whant 116w but can i go smaller even if it means not getting 116w i was looking at a 4 footer thanks for the help in advanced o and i whant to do c/ku

Last edited:
You will get most of the transponders with decent signal quality. Both C/KU bands

6FT.. with 4ft you will get sum transponders, but not all on the CBAND side.

Yea some what, but like I said you will be limited with channels on the CBAND side.

Go with the 6 footer on 4 footer on c-band you will be wasting your money.

Go with the six footer. I've got one here in Ohio does good. I've even managed to pick up a few of the channels from the Dominican Republic...kind of weak though. All the other stuff is good. Nothing like watching the Flintstones from Paraguay. I didn't know Fred spoke Spanish too. Blind:)

Dj, There's three at 4010 V 6383 Coral 39, Teleantillas, and Telesistema. On a good clear, sunny day I get them. I think my problem here is my six footer is motorized. It's not peaked perfectly on 116West. Too cold to mess with it. There's also a station or two from Paraguay, and Eqaudor. None of them English speaking. Shop around an 8 footer shouldn't be that much more than a six. 8 footer would help probably on the weaker stuff. Blind

can some tell me haw many spanish channels with a 6 footer

ok i whant to make sure i get what im looking for and so my wife dont have a fit
what spanish channels can i get with a 6 footer
dominican channels
any other spanish channels
and any kids channels
thanks in advance

Since DJ already has a 90cm motorized dish for Ku, I think he's looking just for C-band answers.

Oh DJ, if you click on Spanish on this site, it will list Ku channels.
(then click the header marked Satellite, to sort by bird)

116 seems to be having issues right now.

If you look at thelist the channels posted is what I received with the 6 footer. Now by all means I havent tried recently (due to the weather) to rescan them (since my dish is ghetto moved) ;)

thanks iceberg i just didnt whant to spend money for nothing the list helps a lot and thats with a 6 footer right

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)