SatMex-6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elliottjan13

Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
Virginia
Can anyone help me with obtaining the equipment necessary to receive BVN on SatMex-6. I have a digital receiver supplied by Home2US (model ADTH SMP-6200); a 75cm dish; and a single LNB (not sure if universal). I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia and would also like to know if there are any installers in this area (previous installer was 70 miles away). Any advice/guidance is appreciated-my Belgian wife misses her home programs.
Thanks,
Strad

Sounds like you have the equipment, just need it installed.

If you can run a wrench, connect coax , Could do it yourself. Go to www.dishpointer.com Put in your location, and select the satellite, hit Go (across from your location input) Will show the line to aim for the satellite. Zoom in until your 'in your yard' so to say. Will also show the 'elevation' to set the dish to. Use the Obstacle tool to see if there's anything 'in the way' preventing reception. (May need to zoom out a bit)
Install the dishes pole securely and perfectly vertical. Set dish. and connect up the receiver to the LNBF with rated 3ghz RG-6 .
That done, post back for more instruction.
Note: unplug the power to the receiver whenever connecting/disconnecting anything to the coax.

If not possible to do DIY, which all of us here can 'help' with, try www.ftainstall.com/

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts