SatMex5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
would a directv lnb work in acquiring signal from 110 and 119 ? i already have a dtv oval dish pointed at these locations but i dont know the settings for my satwork 3618. also do you think is possible to receive satmex 5 using the same dish? and just moving the 119 lnb a little towards the middle?
thanks
jose

all4jo said:
would a directv lnb work in acquiring signal from 110 and 119 ? i already have a dtv oval dish pointed at these locations but i dont know the settings for my satwork 3618. also do you think is possible to receive satmex 5 using the same dish? and just moving the 119 lnb a little towards the middle?
thanks
jose

A directTv LNB would allow you to get the audio channels. You set your LO to 11250 (instead of 10750)

Satmex 5 wouldn't work. You would need a different LNB (KU Band) and the Directv dish is too small. You need AT LEAST a 30" to get Satmex5

The Phase III DirecTV dish will only work for one DBS satellite at a time as it has an internal 22khz switch. So you will have to repoint it for each DBS satellite.

oh ok , well i have a ku lnb on order, so ill mess with getting satmex when i get a bigger dish. also to pick up dish network channels i would need a dish lnb corect?
thanks
jose

all4jo said:
oh ok , well i have a ku lnb on order, so ill mess with getting satmex when i get a bigger dish. also to pick up dish network channels i would need a dish lnb corect?
thanks
jose
What are you trying to get on SatMex5? Most of the FTA is on C-Band, not Ku.

you'll need a C-band dish and DVB receiver

The 4 digits are cband and the 5 digits are Ku

If something is Digicipher 2 or NTSC you'll need a 4DTV receiver as well

You would need a DBS LNB (Dish/DirecTV) then you would need to change your LNBF L.O. setting in the antenna set up screen from 10750 to 11250, then enter Gol TV coordinates........ point the dish and watch for quality!

Gol TV

12341 R (Right hand so set to V)
tp 9
20000 S/R

Yes, any DBS LNB, they are more or less giving away DirecTV single LNB's at garage sales.....

NASA on SatMex 5?

Hey Guys!!

I just turned my dish at Satmex 5 and did a blind scan with Fortec Ultra. Found 43 transponders and a slew of channels (mostly encrypted). Here is my settings for this particular NASA channel.

12445 H 20000
Video/5922 Audio/5923 PCR/5922

I used USALS to find the satellite and then scanned. I got the FTA channels that are listed on SAtmex 5 from Lyngsat site. I am wondering if my Ultra got carried away and started to scan everything in sight.

Can someone check this and see if they get the same thing?

Thanks

MrM

I am new at this as well. I have the 3618 receiver with the dish pointed at the Dish 110 satellite. I am able to pick up 7 or 8 of the Dish preview channels, but I can't get Gol for some reason. Do I go to the installation page and do a manual search in order to pick up Gol? Can you tell us exactly how to pick up Gol? Thanks for the help.

myles
sounds like your between Satmex5 and Echo 7 (Dish 119) and it picked up both somehow. There very rarely is more than 24 transponders per KU band satellite (unless feeds are involved...Ive had as much as 40 on a scan :)

since they are so close and 119 is much more powerful its very possible

I know when I scan IA6 (93) sometimes I get 5 or 6 TP's from Nimiq1 (91)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I get FTA with a E* receiver?

Air Download

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)