Saving sats/channels on Fortec Classic?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoneShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Northern VA
This might be a question for anyone with a Fortec receiver. Anytime I move from satellite to satellite, do I need to download all the tps? I have two Fortec Classics and it just seems like a pain to go from AMC 3 to IA5 and scan in all the Tps everytime. Please tell me that I am not doing this correctly and that there is an easier way to flip through sats and channels :)

I have the same receiver as you, and once you have them scanned in, it will be in memory. So you only need to scan in the first time you are on each satellite. After that, you can switch between them without any problems.

I have the same receiver as you, and once you have them scanned in, it will be in memory. So you only need to scan in the first time you are on each satellite. After that, you can switch between them without any problems.

That may be the real question that I need to know, how do you switch between each sat without having to scan in all the TPs. Thanks,

After you have done a full scan or "blind scan", the receiver then goes through and id's all the channels - both tv and radio. They are now "programmed" into your receiver. Now, while you are viewing a channel, hit the "SAT" button on the remote - it will show a list of all of the satellites that are programmed into the receiver. Select "all" and now when you change channels, you will have access to all of your birds. Not sure if this will help you. Also, when you hit "SAT" on the remote, you can select which satellite you want to view or you can have it show all satellites.

The Fortec manual leaves a lot to be desired.
On the bright side, the receivers performance is top notch IMHO.:)

Larry,

if while looking through the channel list on the Fortec does it go to the sat with the channel on it, rather then waiting for you to hit ok before switching Channels?

I don't know :) I leave mine on "all satellites", and I have a Favorite List set up so when I scroll through the channels, I am pulling off of 4 satellites. Good question!

Gary Z said:
Larry,

if while looking through the channel list on the Fortec does it go to the sat with the channel on it, rather then waiting for you to hit ok before switching Channels?
As long as you're in the SAT list, looking , it doesn't go anywhere until you hit OK to select.
In the favorites area, however, it takes off to the highlighted channel right away, not waiting for a particular selection.

yep. You'd just have to have the right amount and placement of switches. There's some picture on Soudon or somewhere that shows how you can put tons and tons of switches together in like that in a sort of really long coax daisy chain.

on the fortec if you hit "ok" to bring up the channel list and scroll through, the channel does change (and will move the motor if satellites change)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)